The L/E Financial Controller is primarily responsible for maintaining the integrity of the accounting records of the Legal Entity (ies) in accordance with local GAAP and IFRS. The Jobholder supports the monthly and quarterly accounting closing process, ensures compliance with statutory requirements and works with local management to ensure that business processes and controls are established and followed.
The jobholder works closely with the Finance team and shared service centre to ensure accurate accounting.
- Responsible for maintaining complete and accurate financial records for the trading of the L.E (s) activity in accordance with local GAAP and IFRS.
- Responsible for the Legal Entity control environment
- Manage the monthly/Year End accruals and releases according to IFRS and local GAAP
- Communicating closely with regional finance lead and Country Business Leaders, ensuring timely, accurate and complete monthly reporting.
- The jobholder will ensure that monthly balance sheet reconciliations are reviewed on a timely basis.
- Timely preparation and submission of year-end tax packs, VAT returns and payments, including EC Sales Lists.
- Review of sales contracts and terms and conditions to ensure that revenue recognition criteria are met and reviewing purchase contracts/discussion with FD's to ensure that liabilities are properly accounted for.
- Timely preparation of technical papers in respect of all significant one-off items
- Ensure that local GAAP statutory financial statements and all other statutory filings are completed in-house and in line with local deadlines.
- Deal with matters raised by the statutory bodies in a timely and professional manner.
- Represent financial interests to stakeholders e.g. government bodies, tax authorities, PR, CFO, networking.
- Participating or leading system, operational or process changes as required.
- Acting as the interface for internal and external audits and driving simplification and continuous improvement of financial processes.
- Working closely with the businesses on initiatives and advising on implications from a local GAAP and IFRS point of view.
- Providing financial support in respect of major decisions affecting the organisation i.e. strategic initiatives including pension and worker's compensation issues, etc.
- Assisting with customer financing in line with approved corporate models and ensuring that rebates (conditional and unconditional), promotion and inventory protection are properly accounted for where appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in Finance & Controlling in an international role preferred.
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent German University Degree or Gepr??fter Bilanzbuchalter = min. qualification)
- A good working knowledge of ERP systems such as MS Dynamics, SAP or Oracle
- Expert in excel, proficient in pivot tables & look ups
- Strong local GAAP & IFRS knowledge.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- In depth knowledge about differences between IFRS ledgers and transforming these to local GAAP
- VAT Administration CIT Administration
- Must be results oriented, decisive, proactive and focused.
- Must show confidence in communication to a wide range of audiences and present information in a clear, professional and open manner.
- Ability to state & hold one's position in the face of opposition. Persuasive and able to convince others by delivering and maintaining a reasoned & logical argument. Ability to adapt style of debate depending on the audience.
- Needs to be able to build strong relationships with colleagues from businesses and external/other internal stakeholders.
- Must be goal and achievement oriented and be accepting of change and a champion of it within the work environment.
- Must be able to take responsibility in self-development and the development of others in terms of skills as the needs of the business evolve.
- Requires strong oral, written and formal presentation skills including ability to communicate complex ideas all whilst being creative, flexible and able to think "outside of the box".
- Developed problem solving and analytical skills, combining good technical knowledge with good balance and judgement relating to accounting, financial and commercial issues.
- Must be able to work with outsourced and/or cross-functional teams to provide direction and successfully drive results.
- Must be able to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments.
- Ability to write and speak fluent English and German is essential.
- Most of time will be based in an office environment, overseas travel may be required
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Beside the jobholder's team, the jobholder will be expected to communicate and work with:
- EAMER & APR Controller
- County/Cluster Business Leads
- Country HR
- EAMER Finance Manager
- EAMER Credit Manager
- Tax Authority/ Auditor
- Local statutory auditor