Business Development Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
Business Development Manager Temporary vacancy 8-12 weeks cover Immediate start
Your new company
Hays are recruiting on behalf of a prestigious housing association in Shrewsbury who are looking for a temporary Business Development Manager on an interim basis.
Your new role
The overall purpose of this job would be to generate, manage and deliver the development programme in accordance with the approved Development Strategy and priorities. To identify and develop new business opportunities for the Housing association in the field of new housing development. Duties would also include managing the company's new housing development function on a day-to-day basis including taking the lead in liaisons and collaboration with the Commercial Team. To effectively manage a team to deliver a defined development programme utilising a Project Team approach. Ensure the activities of the Company are carried out to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism in accordance with the legal, regulatory and statutory requirements, best practice and the company's policies and procedures.
What you'll need to succeed
In order t
- Evidence of managing large complex projects.
- Experience with the development and management of demanding performance standards that enable successful achievement of the company's business plans.
- Ability to assist in the development and implementation of policies and plans that promote best practice customer service.
- Understanding of Local Authority enabling role relating to housing development and opportunities to access creative funding solutions.
Competencies: Skills, abilities, behaviours and work-related personal qualities
- Experience of monitoring of significant budgets.
- Experience with business planning and risk management.
- Understanding and experience of promoting equality in employment and service delivery.
- Understanding and experience of health and safety responsibilities.
- Ability to deliver effective financial and resource management.
- Experience in delivering strategic and operational objectives.
- Experience of working effectively with department heads and team members.
- Understanding and experience of working within a regulatory framework.
- Committed to quality, customer service, best practice and best value.
- Capable of delivering results to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- A confident, independent and effective decision maker.
- Ability to interpret relevant information, analyse complex data, review alternate solutions and come to well informed conclusions.
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively in order to achieve targets and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead, inspire, motivate and develop staff.
- Demonstrable record in leading new development and business growth.
- Experience of negotiation with partner organisations, developers, consultants and contractors
- Proven success in building effective partnerships with a range of agencies.
- Resilient and robust with a positive outlook.
- Energetic personality with a high degree of personal drive.
- Committed to the aims and ambitions of the company and broader issues of social housing
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.