Financial Reporting Manager
A well - established client of ours is currently recruiting a Financial Reporting Manager to join their finance department.
- Ensure that correct accounting practice and processes are adhered to within the finance team. Implement efficiency and improvement initiatives.
- Ensure the Financial controls continue to be of high standard and support Audit committee chair in role based management.
- Key role on the monthly management accounts, controlling the balance sheet and ensuring all accounts are reconciled to the highest standard. Input to the production of annual business plans and quarterly forecasts, balance sheet and cash flow forecast
- Responsibility for the Fixed assets accounting cycle
- Responsibility for all regulatory returns
- Responsibility for the Pension accounting
- Preparation of corporation tax returns
- Management of PAYE returns and processes
- Responsibility for the VAT returns and Intrastat Prime contact with external auditors and advisors such as EY, KPMG; manage Statutory Audit process
- Manage and train an accounting technician
- Delegate relevant work and review output to ensure continued professional development and to maximize business partnering opportunities. Proactively identify and perform other ad hoc finance activities as requested by the Financial Controller or the Finance Director
The candidate should have:
- Strong grounding in accountancy, P&L/BS and experience of production of statutory accounts.
- At least 5 years experience of preparing company accounts
- At least 5 years experience in industry
- ACA/ACCA qualification with at least 3 years post qualified experience
- Strong leadership abilities with experience of managing a small team
- Diligent and organised to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and interactive style
- A problem solver with a hands on and dynamic approach
- Excellent Excel skills, good Word and PowerPoint skills
- Experience of preparation of PAYE, Corporation Tax and VAT returns
- Flexibility and experience of business change
- Preferably experience of group reporting software