6 days left
- Full Time
A Big 4 Consultancy Business based in the City of London are recruiting a Resource Manager to join their growing team
A UK-incorporated multinational professional services firm with operational headquarters in New York
The successful candidate for the Resource Manager position will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Working closely with senior members of the business to understand their detailed resource requirements, ensuring they request resources through the RM system
- Keeping as aware as possible of future projects, project extensions and bid wins. Provide individuals to support the industry teams on sales activities such as bids for new client service work.
- Deploy practitioners on assignments (which may be client work, internal projects and/or proposals), ensuring all stakeholders in the process are up to speed with events and that practitioners have maximum visibility of available roles, helping match them to engaging, exciting, challenging and fulfilling roles. Occasionally, you may need to use reasoned and persuasive argument where the practitioner may not see themselves to be a 'perfect fit'.
- Work with key stakeholders to deliver creative solutions to resourcing problems (e.g. double bookings, conflicts or staff shortages on assignments) and provide a level of agility to respond to unplanned resourcing needs when new work has been won.
- Advise the business on the effective use of the RM system. Whilst the system is self-service you will be called upon to trouble shoot, guide, and on occasion update the system on the practitioner's behalf.
- Prepare weekly (or on demand) management reports on availability and forecast utilisation/revenue.
- Support the business in investigating inaccurate or incorrect forecasting. Advising on what the issues were and the necessary steps to prevent future repeat problems.
- Develop a rapport with practitioners understanding their primary career aspirations, areas of particular strength and development needs. At the same time ensuring that the needs of the business are met and that open opportunities are resourced effectively.
- Liaise with HR and HR Helpdesk teams to ensure accuracy of practitioner information into the system (which is fed from SAP).
- Work with HR and Coaches/Team Leads and advise on any performance and/or work-life balance issues.
- Work with the recruitment and on-boarding teams to ensure accuracy of new practitioner information and to co-ordinate potential assignments with start dates.
- Greet and induct all new joiners to explain the purpose and processes of the Resource Management function.
The successful candidate for the Resource Manager position should have:
- degree qualified (or equivalent) or
- Previous experience of Resource Management, especially within a consulting business.
- Background in recruitment, relationship management or logistics.
- Some experience and understanding of Technology consulting would be beneficial
- Prior experience of a partnership organisation, particularly a professional services firm, is highly desirable.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits