Senior Credit Risk Manager
Job Title: Senior Credit Risk Manager
Salary GBP65,000 - GBP85,000 + bonus & benefits
The key responsibilities are to set, maintain, monitor and implement credit risk policies for mortgage new business across all UK mortgage portfolios and channels.
The Senior Credit Risk Manager will:
- Enhance product and portfolio performance oversight and challenge; identify opportunities to contribute to business objectives and take a lead role in delivering initiatives.
- Ensure that the mortgage acquisition policies and processes are compliant with the appropriate regulations and regulatory guidance, working actively with UK portfolio teams.
- Take measures and implement policies that minimise risk and bad debt, contributing to the delivery of the bad debt and fraud loss budget.
- Provide oversight of the mortgage underwriting function, set and maintain the approvals framework and be a primary point of contact for underwriting. Address underwriting quality issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert representing UK Credit Risk Management on all areas of mortgage policy, including meeting with external regulators and trade associations to discuss policy matters and working with stakeholders to ensure that product development initiatives are within the risk appetite of the bank.
- Build and maintain positive relationship with underwriting and be the primary point of contact for the UK mortgage portfolio.
- Ensure the group strategy for credit risk is adhered to by all relevant entities.
- Engage with Retail Risk leadership to understand key local challenges in translating group strategy, develop understanding of impact to realization of targets.
- Engage with and show understanding of the business operation in order to recognise and acknowledge change impacts, objectives, priorities, work pressures and constraints.
The Senior Manager will have:
- A proven ability to prioritize competing demands and deliver challenging projects.
- Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business plans which consistently deliver desired results.
- A good track record of understanding complex business requirements and making decisions considering potential long term risks and implications.
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands and will deliver challenging projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to positively influence stakeholders.
- A detailed knowledge of targets, key metrics and drivers/levers for the portfolios against which their work is undertaken.
- Excellent knowledge in all aspects of retail banking, credit risk management including customer propositions, credit and finance in order to liaise effectively with stakeholders.
- Good experience in credit risk policy, strategy, operations and related procedures.