AP Manager - Process Change
An AP manager is required for a role in Wimbledon. This role will involve supporting the finance manager, permanent AP manager and the team with; day to day processing, increasing productivity, understanding and improving department processes and go paperless projects.
My clients, a well established retail business are currently in the market for some additional support in the AP department.
This role will involve assisting with the day to day operational side of the AP team, whilst also looking at ways to restructure, re-define and improve the process.
- Assess the current volumes and with reference to your experience in other businesses develop a set of productivity targets that are high performing yet achievable
- Review the current working processes of the AP invoice matching team and make recommendations on how the team should be structured in order to achieve the productivity targets for the dept.
- Review the capabilities of the current AP team alongside the AP Manager and make recommendations on personal development plans for all team members
- Support the AP Manager in re-structuring the dept. based on the items above
- Support the AP Manager in any recruitment process
- Review salaries and recommend an appropriate pay structure based on roles and responsibilities
- Work with the FD & Finance Manager to implement the new goods received not invoiced reporting
- Work with the Business Process manager to implement 3 software amendments into the live system
- Support the AP Manager in the achievement of productivity targets
- Recommend improvements to the invoice matching software where appropriate
To be considered for this position candidate must have the following experience and skills
- Retail invoice matching (invoice to goods received to purchase orders)
- High volume processing
- Invoice matching software (system in use is Documation)
- High level of competence in developing working practices and robust departmental processes
- Staff management and improving productivity
- Assessing staff capabilities and defining job roles
- Transition from paper based working to computer based invoice matching
- Mentoring / coaching
- GBP35-45K equivalent
- Great office environment
- Close to transport links
- Good new challenge
- Great local amenities