Payroll Assistant, Immediate Start, Aylesbury, 3 Months, GBP12-GBP15 per Hour
Your new company
A large organisation in the Aylesbury area is currently recruiting for a payroll assistant to join them on a temporary basis for around 3 months. The company is located in stunning offices with free on-site parking and amenities.
Your new role
Working as part of the transactional finance and payroll team you will be responsible for the effective processing of the payrolls and the resolution of day to day queries received from staff of all payrolls.
- Process payroll-related data to the appropriate systems and ensure any necessary data is sent to the appropriate parties such as County Council pensions sections, HMRC and Unions as required.
- Maintain a record of changes to information required by Pension departments, including notification of starters and leavers.
- Answer queries from pension sections.
- Submit required information to pensions sections ahead of all staff retirements, within the agreed deadlines.
- Liaise with client officers of payrolls processed by us, to ensure timely resolution of any issues raised, including queries raised by staff.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with relevant staff
- To undertake other duties to a similar level and responsibility including providing support and advice to increase resilience across the team.
- Provide support for all functions within Transactional Finance & Payroll Team working to ensure the service is provided to agreed service levels, improving automation to increase customer self-serve where possible.
- Working as part of the team to identify and drive change/improvement in line with our vision and to seek commercial opportunities, including Cross-Sector.
There are 12 monthly payrolls with a total of 2000 people. You need to be someone who is used to dealing with large volume payrolls.
The working hours are 37 per week and the company offers flexible working hours. The role will last for roughly 3 months. There are permanent opportunities in the company.
What you'll need to succeed
- Certificate in Payroll (level 3) or other similar qualification and/or relevant experience with payroll.
- Excellent numerical skills
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
What you'll get in return
The hourly rate being offered for this role is between GBP12-GBP15 per hour.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.