Calling all Sports Enthusiasts!
Anthony Cole Associates are proud to once again be partnering with a FTSE100 business in the sports/retail industry that is current going through an exciting period of change.
This commercially focused management accountant position is a critical role in the production of timely, accurate and insightful Management Accounting and reporting for the business' Retail Division. It will ensure controls are adhered to and remain robust cost control environment to ensure both a clean internal and external audit, a strong commercial understanding of the division so that all relevant process improvements and cost opportunities can be realised. The person in the role will be flexible and adaptable to change, new processes and Business Intelligence as the business continues along it's merger integration path.
- Ensure that the periodic management accounts are delivered to reporting deadlines and a high quality working closely with the rest of the finance team as required.
- Ensure that all necessary accounting adjustments are posted each period in order to produce accurate management accounts and are documented as required.
- Support Senior Management Accountant in production of periodic rolling balance sheet, cash flow and weekly cash monitor.
- Full cost centre management for key central functions (including trading and marketing) through regular reviews with owners using high quality reporting and variance analysis.
- Deliver insightful analysis and commentary on all key variances to budget/plan/prior year in order to explain and drive performance including presentations to FD.
- Ensure that selected balance sheet reconciliations are completed/reviewed to agreed deadlines with all reconciling items investigated and resolved promptly.
- Work closely with our cash and central finance team in Nottingham to continually improve our cash forecasting, reporting and variance analysis.
- Ensure certain group reporting requirements are completed within required deadlines and to a high standard.
- Preparation of deliverables for the annual audit and key contact for the auditors during the audit process.
- Assist with the coaching and development of the 2 assistant management accountants.
- Ensure that the impact of new systems, processes or initiatives are appropriately considered and incorporated into existing reporting and controls environment.
The client is looking for an ambitious finalist or qualified level candidate who is seeking a commercially focused management accounting role. With a strong educational background with a 2:1 degree or better, you will have had a progressive career to date and gained some good experience in budgeting, forecasting, analysis and management reporting in a large, complex data heavy business. You will have excellent advanced level excel skills, with any SAP/Hyperion or JD Edwards an advantage and in person be extremely bright, proactive and have a strong commercial outlook. If you are a keen sports participant/watcher this will be a great place to work!