Senior Practitioner - Front Door Service - Waltham Forest-GBP33ph
Senior Practitioner - Front Door Service - Waltham Forest - GBP30-33ph
Our client in Waltham Forest is looking for a Senior Practitioner worker to join there Information & Assessment Team. They will work along Assessment Officers to assess the social care needs of people in accordance with the Council's Fair Access to Care Services eligibility criteria, prior to a period of reablement support.
Working to promote personalised social care and facilitating the opportunities for service user choice and control, they will be responsible for managing a case load, conducting robust initial assessments in partnership with clients, their carers and referring on for reablement support. They will clearly identify outcomes that need to be achieved through provision of this service. They will also help people identify how best to meet their longer term needs and aspirations by enabling them to identify appropriate outcomes and build a budgeted and outcome focused support plan.
The post holder will operate within an agreed performance management and budgetary framework and with support from their line manager they will be responsible for assessing and managing risk, ensuring application of robust quality assurance and safeguarding procedures.
Benefits of the role as of the Role:
- Long term contract
- Mixed case load
- Competitive rate
- Flexible working
As an Adults Senior Practitioner your duties will include:
- To provide assessment, sign posting and assistance in a way that is consistent with customer service standards and which promotes independence.
- To be responsible for recognising and assessing vulnerable people and following agreed procedures to record, investigate and respond with appropriate and timely support and interventions.
- To ensure customers get the right help at the right time, addressing their needs for information and advice and helping them take advantage of opportunities and make choices for their support. This will include devising appropriate well-being plans.
- To proactively promote activities and services that improves health and wellbeing and help people to continue to live independently through access to a range of resources and universal services that do not require a social care assessment. Following up these contacts to ensure that the information provided was satisfactory.
As an Adults Senior Practitioner you will have experience of:
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively and creatively with users
- Ability to organise and prioritise work and manage time effectively
- Able to work effectively with people at all levels within the organisation and from other agencies/disciplines
- Commitment to the principles of partnership and of equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Free access to our online social work training and CPD portal (worth GBP500 a year)
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get GBP200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll