Field Sales Specialist - Laboratory Products
An excellent opportunity for a PhD educated life scientist, or an MSc educated scientist with at least 2 years of post-degree laboratory experience looking to use their skills & knowledge in scientific field sales in a global company! Full product and sales training is provided!
A good understanding of the sales process and drive to succeed in this type of role is essential. You will be spending around 80% of your time travelling to visit customers in your designated region.
PRODUCTS: Laboratory consumables, equipment & reagents with a life science focus
TERRITORY: 5 different vacancies:
- Newcastle, Durham and Teeside
- Yorkshire and Humberside
- North-West England (Manchester, Stockport, Stoke, Lancashire)
- North London and Hertfordshire
CUSTOMERS: Academic, Research, Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Laboratories
To plan and organise field activities to ensure the effective sales contact throughout the territory and effective use of time in front of the customer
Maintain existing business, visit current customers to maintain and strengthen the working relationship.
Generate and develop new business opportunities to grow sales
Maintain excellent awareness of the laboratory marketplace including monitoring competitor activity and market trends.
To visit end-users and when appropriate other customer personnel including purchasing departments and to make sales presentations, product demonstrations and negotiate terms and conditions of sales within agreed guidelines.
To co-operate with, support and provide technical support / product training for colleagues as required and to attend sales meetings, conference, exhibitions, training and refresher courses as requested,
Deliver set KPIs: Quotation follow up, daily call rate, management of records and follow set company guidelines.
- A degree level education in a life science-based subject and post degree laboratory experience is essential, ideally at least 1-2 years post-degree.
- Scientific sales experience is desirable, or commercial exposure (for example, liaising with sales people as end user and negotiating for products).
- Excellent communication skills