Product Technical Specialist - Separations
PRODUCTS: Separations (for biopolymer and synthetic polymer applications).
Role is office-based in West Midlands with International travel required
CUSTOMERS: Academia, Industrial, Pharmaceutical Customers
It is a great opportunity to join a global company with a team-focused, supportive working environment and a market leading product range. The company are looking for someone with extensive laboratory experience in characterization of polymers and biopolymers using size
exclusion chromatography, who possesses great technical knowledge, who is looking to make a move into a customer facing role. The company would also be keen on someone with technical support experience in a similar product area.
• To provide advanced technical support and customer training to product ranges in the nanomaterials area.
• To develop and document the company's applications knowledge and expertise in the area of nanomaterial characterization.
• To provide sales support by visiting sales outlets and customers, both in the UK and overseas as required in support of annual sales targets for products providing solutions in the nanomaterials field.
• To develop and, where required, provide specialist training, advice and guidance to customers and sales organisation on solutions for nanomaterial applications.
• To work with the product management team to support the development and launch of new products as necessary.
• To generate support material (application notes, technical notes, webinars???etc) to the products for the nanomaterial area.
• To work closely with the relevant product manager and territory sales specialists to ensure they are aware of latest applications and product/software capabilities.
• To be a content provider to the relevant sections of the website.
A PhD level qualification is essential.
Experience of characterization of polymers and biopolymers using size
Ideally will have experience of using of using advanced light scattering detectors in combination with size exclusion.
A minimum of 2 years' practical experience in industry or as a post doctorate would be preferred.