Trainee Design Engineer
A position is offered as a Trainee Design Engineer with a company in Petersfield Hampshire. Applicants should hold a bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services or Engineering Design.• Degree in Fire Engineering. Or higher degree in those stated. Successful applicants will join an excellent team and enjoy a salary of GBP22000 pa. This is an excellent opportunity to join a winning team and embark on an interesting and rewarding career.
TRAINEE DESIGN ENGINEER BUSINESS OBJECTIVE
To be recognised as a market leader providing and servicing innovative solutions and products for smoke control, ventilation, climate technology and solar shading.
To perform the key areas of the role enabling the Company to achieve its strategies, objectives and targets. Employees will show their commitment to the Company IMS by implementing and complying with processes and procedures. Company objectives will be discussed and agreed at Management Review Meetings then cascaded down to all employees during annual PDR appraisals and other regular departmental communications.
The Trainee Design Engineer will work in a supported and mentored environment to develop skills and knowledge to enable progression within the organisation. After initial training the Trainee Design Engineer will assist the team in providing technical support to the sales and project teams for all aspects of the project that are related to design. The objective is to develop cost effective, regulation compliant solutions within acceptable time frames. The role requires a good understanding of Colt products, both internally manufactured and supplied to Colt specifications, their performance and application limits. A thorough and up to date understanding of all relevant building regulations and British Standards is key. The ability to read and understand mechanical/electrical, architectural and construction drawings and specifications is essential.
Technical Team Manager
BASED AT: Petersfield Office
KEY RESULT AREA KEY OBJECTIVES/OUTCOMES
Pre Order System Design
• Produce designs for smoke control and performance louvre systems for all building types including, retail, residential, industrial, commercial and car parks.
• Specialist design of duct work systems, including fan selection and pressure drop calculations.
• Design of pressurisation systems.
• Noise calculations.
• Where reasonable meet deadlines set by the client and sales team. Where this isn't possible communicate this to the relevant parties indicating the date that will be achieved.
• Consider alternate solutions based on information provided by the client to ensure the most cost effective & efficient solution is proposed.
• Provide technical advice to sales staff and customers via phone and email.
Legislation, Standards & Product Knowledge
• To be fully conversant with all current applicable legislation, standards, and design documents/approaches.
• Have an understanding of recent relevant research which may allow for more efficient and effective solutions.
• A thorough understanding of company products whether they are manufactured in house or to specification.
•Advise the sales and project teams on the implications of the regulations and standards.
KEY RESULT AREA KEY OBJECTIVES/OUTCOMES
• Assist junior salesforce with CPD presentations/seminars.
• Assist with Fire Brigade/Building Control seminars.
• Production of technical reports for customers/local authorities(only required on large, complex, projects).
• Provide assistance to ensure correct selection of products/equipment to meet the project design specification.
Post Order Support
• Provide Technical support to project managers/installers/commissioning engineers for the design elements of the project.
• Check pre-order design in accordance with latest construction issue drawing design specification, employers requirements and original scope of works to confirm design.
• Check all drawings produced by the CAD team for allocated projects.• Attend project meetings to explain/address/agree technical issues and to achieve formal scheme approval.
• Produce control logic (cause and effect) tables.
• Produce Technical Submission and Operation and Maintenance manual.
• Support commissioning engineers with demonstrations, smoke tests to client/local authorities on large & complex projects.
• Fully conversant in reading architectural, mechanical and construction drawings.
• Interpretation of electrical schematics /standards and their implications.
• In depth knowledge of Colt system design and application.• Smoke Ventilation, Fire Alarm or HVAC experience.
• Ability to communicate technical details of a design solution at all levels across a range of media.
• Track record of external technical presentations to a range of audiences.
• Proficient in AutoCAD.
• Experience in 3D modelling, Revit, BIM etc.
• Advanced user of Microsoft WORD, Outlook, Power point and especially EXCEL (creating design programs).
QUALIFICATIONS Essential Desirable
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services or Engineering Design.
• Degree in Fire Engineering. Or higher degree in those stated . E.g. MEng.
• Self motivated
• Good communicator
• Able to demonstrate initiative and work without supervision
To apply please click the APPLY button.