Finance Operations Technical Manager in Brighton
Purpose of the role:
- To provide technical support to the Financial Operations teams.
- To undertake quality / technical reviews within the team.
- To manage operational risk within Finance
- To champion continuous improvement across Finance in general and within Financial Operations in particular, in order to deliver efficiency gains, help facilitate change within Finance and to help build a centre of excellence culture within the department.
To provide technical assistance to the Reconciliations Team and Investment Scheme Managers as required. This may include:
- To review, check, amend and update existing process and procedure documents, ensuring controls are effective and operational
- To author new process and procedure documents as required
- To critically assess the documentation and operation of controls and first line of defence activity within Finance and recommend enhancement where appropriate
- To review regulatory requirements and critically assess operational compliance
- To review and assess Finance Operations reporting and recommend and assist in the implementation of improvements where required
- To provide ad hoc project support, particularly around impact of new regulations / business developments on existing BAU activities.
Quality and technical reviews
To undertake reviews of team outputs to assess for regulatory compliance, effectiveness of controls and quality of outputs. This may include:
- Client money, client assets and bare trust Reconciliations (internal and external reconciliations) and suspense items
- CASS RP
- Investment Report Pack and Credit and Liquidity report pack
- Breach log Reporting to CF10a / Team Manager on results of reviews and recommending / helping implement improvements.
To take ownership of the Finance risk framework, CRSA reporting and development of operational risk policies. To work cross-functionally within Finance and with Risk / Compliance / IA to ensure the risk management process operates smoothly and meets all requirements regarding:
- Identification of critical processes
- Identification of associated risks
- Identification of controls and other risk mitigation
- Identification and capture of appropriate control evidence sufficient to meet integrated assurance requirements.
- Review and maintenance of business continuity plans across Finance
To champion change within the Finance department and Financial Operations in particular in order to:
- Support the creation of a continuous improvement culture (adopting Lean / six sigma techniques) to drive efficiency, governance and process improvements across Finance.
- Support the Finance Transformation programme during 2017-2018 and beyond.
- Provide training and support to Green belt practitioners and ensure the sustainability of the change programme.
Embed and embody Family's essential leadership competencies, to drive the company forward and maximise people engagement. Leading self: Be accountable, intellectually able, a role model for our Values, authentic in your leadership and deliver results. Leading others: Resolve issues and make decisions, communicate confidently in different settings, empower others and develop talent, motivate and inspire and effectively manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Leading the business: Lead change, challenging the status quo and bringing in new thinking, and demonstrate sound strategic thinking