Nurse Team Leader
St Barnabas House provides specialist palliative care to adults in the Worthing, Adur, Arun and Henfield areas through a range of services, including In-patient care, Day Hospice and Community care.
We currently have the following vacancy:
Role: Team Leader on In-Patient Unit
Hours: Part time 22.5 - 30 hours per week
Salary: GBP28,740 to GBP34,820 pa pro rata (depending on depth and variety of experience in a similar role)
Location: St. Barnabas Hospice, Worthing
We are looking for:
A highly organised and enthusiastic Nurse to work as a Team Leader on our In-Patient Unit. Working as part of the Senior Nurse Team, you will be an experienced Registered Nurse, with at least four years' post registration experience, knowledgeable in the delivery of compassionate end of life nursing and committed to maintaining high standards of individualised care. This is an excellent development opportunity for someone looking to step into a nurse leadership role.
This new role involves:
- Having excellent communication skills and be competent in working across the wider multi-disciplinary team.
- Being an organised self-motivated individual, with strong clinical and leadership skills
- Having experience of leading a team of nurses within a palliative care in-patient setting.
- You will need to have undertaken ENB 285 or a diploma in palliative care or have 2 years of experience in palliative care/oncology setting at Staff Nurse level.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Sam Bennett (Ward Sister), on .
Closing date: 21 st August 2017
Interviews expected: w/c 28 th August 2017
An enhanced DBS will be sought, if you are successful in this role. (Safeguarding)
The safe recruitment of staff at St Barnabas Hospices is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults in our care. As an employer we expect all staff and volunteers to share our commitment to safeguarding.
- Enrolment onto our company pension scheme or the option to continue in an NHS pension
- 35 Days (FTE) annual leave including bank holidays
- Free parking
- On site education support
- Free clinical indemnity insurance cover
- Availability to join Healthcare Cash Plan
- Corporate Rate Gym Membership
Please visit for an application form and job description. Alternatively contact the HR department by email . Please complete the application form in as much detail as possible as we use this form to shortlist candidates. We do not require any other documents at this stage but we will ask for your right to work in the UK at interview and evidence of all qualifications you identify in your application form.
No agencies please