Registered Manager - Residential - Bedford
Hampton's Children in Care Division are currently working with a client who are looking for a permanent Residential Children's Home Manager for one of their new 3 bedded homes in the Bedford / Milton Keynes region.
- To provide professional support, guidance and supervision to a team of residential childcare practitioners.
- Ensure that the vision, values, policies and ethos of Oracle Care & Education are promoted and adhered to.
- To identify, report and manage current and emergent risks within the Home, including those that may impinge upon safeguarding and statutory compliance or inspection rating. Devise and direct improvements to mitigate risks.
- Ensure effective working relationships with all relevant Local Authority staff and social workers, and with all other relevant statutory agencies, e.g. police, child protection and CAMHS.
- To ensure the home provides and maintains the highest levels of therapeutic care and service in accordance with the legislative framework, company procedures, ethos and policy.
- To ensure the safety of all children and staff, and that safeguarding practice, procedures and recording meet all regulatory requirements and professional expectations.
- To be responsible for the implementation of the relevant plan for each child or young person, to monitor progress against the relevant plan and ensure it is reviewed as necessary
- To manage effectively and efficiently all allocated resources of the home, both human and financial.
- Within the last 5 years, worked for at least 2 years in a position relevant to the residential care of children and young people
- Worked for at least one year in a role requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role
- Hold on appointment or complete within 1 year from the date of appointment, a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare.
- Self confidence in being able to ask for help and support when needed
- Ability to be an active manager who is able to recognise the future needs of their home, the staff and the young people
- Excellent time management skills
- Values and beliefs that reflect the organisational culture
- Commitment to on-going personal development and to be part of a learning organisation
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
- Full manual driving licence