Programme Leader- Maritime - Blackpool and The Fylde College
Teaching Commitment: To undertake 520 hours teaching annually
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the programmes/ curriculum, including recruitment, curriculum content and quality indicators.
- Lead the development and quality assurance of Blended Learning within Maritime Operations.
Principal Duties of this Post
- To be directly involved in the management of student learning within the curriculum area.
- To be proactive in the quality improvement of overseas business link.
- To be fully conversant with programmes'/ course regulations and specifications for the defined area thus ensuring conformity and best practice.
- To lead development of Blended Learning Programmes to enhance student experience.
- To be responsible for the completion of the programme review process and Quality Improvement Plan.
- To develop and update learning resources to support the curriculum and improve student experience.
- To actively inform the curriculum content to meet a range of needs and transferable skills.
- To take responsibility for the day to day operational coordination of the course and its delivery.
- To monitor and use the systems used in College (electronic or otherwise) to ensure student success, for example, OneFile, Moodle, Forum, internal verification etc
- To be responsible for meeting recruitment targets for the area, including use of social media in promoting the programmes
- To monitor, report and action as appropriate on a range of quality indicators related to the learner experience. These will include retention, success, value added, student survey outcomes.
- To monitor, report and action as appropriate on the progress of action plans to ensure improvements are brought about in a timely manner.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
This job description is current at the date shown and may be amended after consultation and agreement between management and the post holder.