Social Worker/Family Group Conference Co-ordinator
Location: 10 York Road
2 x Full-time, Fixed term posts - one post is fixed term for 1 year and one post is fixed term for 2 years
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a Family Group Conference Co-ordinator .These posts will sit within the newly re-modelled Early Help Service to support children and families who are referred with the aim to primarily remain within their family network. The posts will support the most complex families referred.
You will be required to
- Manage a caseload of children/families referred to the Family Group Conference (FGC) service
- To co-ordinate and facilitate FGC with families/professionals in a timely way
- To ensure children and families are empowered to develop a family plan to keep children safe and within their family network
- To be a champion for the FGC Service by training professionals in the model of FGC which will enable best practice to be delivered
Requirements of the post:
- DipSW or CQSW or degree in Social Work
- Registration with Health Care Professions Council
- Have experience of working with children and families in the context of social care services
- Demonstrate a high level of communication skills and be able to apply a range of social work skills in working in partnership with families
- Be able to work outside of normal working hours on occasions
- Subject to enhanced DBS check
For an informal discussion please contact Penny Brown on .
For more information about Education and Children's services, and about living and working in Leicester, please visit
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.