Apprentice Logistics Assistant, Business Administration Apprenticeship
MOMENTUM SERVICES LTD are looking for two Business Administration Apprentices to join their team who are dedicated to taking care of passengers aboard the Eurostar. Successful apprentices will be London office based. MUST SPEAK FLUENT FRENCH TO APPLY.
This is a development opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to be trained on basic ordering food, beverage and equipment for London and Paris departures, as part of Eurostar.
The key tasks will include:
- Deal with passenger figures forecasts and place orders with the CAV for all food, drink and equipment requirements
- Ensure that On Board Service teams have all the required equipment upon each departure
- Maintain a database of passenger figures for forecasting and monitoring purposes as well as stock movements, and special meal requests
- Study, manage and answer feedback from reports and logs to crew or relevant departments
- Manage orders and inform relevant departments on loading and special events
- Ability to efficiently undertake project work
- Monitor and take ownership in reducing wastage by making the appropriate recommendations
- This is an admin job which needs a full knowledge of excel, excellent communication skills as it requires data input, orders by phone and emails, stocks handling.
Working week Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, 35hrs per week Weekly wage GBP461.50
Expected apprenticeship duration 16 months
The essential skills for the role include:
- A strong knowledge of ICT programmes including Word, Excel and Access.
- Fluency in both French and English.
- Being able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- The ability to work alongside a team so that tasks are completed to a high standard. This will involve communicating effectively both face to face and via the written Word.
- The ability to multi task.
- Confidence in making suggestions.
- Interpersonal skills such as providing the best customer service skills.
- The ability to problem solve and use your own initiative.
The personal qualities that are essential for the role:
- Excellent organisation skills.
- A willingness to learn the job thoroughly.
- Reliability to complete the whole apprenticeship and do the job as well as possible.
- Able to find solutions for project work and unexpected situations.
- Attention to detail
The essential qualifications for the role include Maths and English GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent.
It is desirable that applicants have qualifications in both English Language and French, preferably at an A Level standard.
It is also desirable that applicants have a GCSE in ICT at grade C or above, or equivalent.
At the end of the apprenticeship it expected that a full time, permanent job will be available depending upon the success of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider The benefits for the role include: • Travel card monthly for ZONE 1 to 2 on presentation of receipt • Meal allowance of GBP6.50 per worked day. • Potential permanent role given after apprenticeship depending on successful apprenticeship and personal development • You must be able to speak fluent French to apply for this position.
MUST SPEAK FLUENT FRENCH TO APPLY.