Senior People & Reward Business Partner - B&CE
Senior People & Reward Business Partner
Hours: Full Time
Salary: GBP30,000 - GBP40,000 pa
Category: People & Organisational Development (HR)
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a HR Business Partner to join our People & Reward Team to work with the business in providing specialist coaching, support and influence across the full spectrum of HR issues enabling business managers to effectively deliver their people plans.
B&CE has been providing employee benefits for over 70 years. We began in 1942 by creating simple financial products that meet people's needs, and that's how we've run our business ever since.
This Senior People & Reward Business Partner will be joining a team of highly motivated experts in HR who provide comprehensive advice to equip the business managers with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people in line with their people plans. Support is given on performance management, absence management and career development ensuring that B&CEs values are upheld and embedded within the organisations activities. They will also provide coaching and mentoring for the other People & Reward Business Partners when necessary.
The Senior People & Reward Business Partner will be responsible for:
- Acting as a single point of contact for employees and managers in their allocated business units on all matters relating to people policies and procedures and employment legislation, leading and influencing change at a strategic level
- Building and maintaining a strong working relationship with business units, proactively supporting the delivery of People & Reward policies and processes within employment best practice and legislation
- Ensuring that business units are resourced up appropriately and support and challenge managers with their resource requests
- Holding regular meetings with all line managers within business units, (from Head of to Team Leader), to support and guide them with P&R related issues relating to their team.
- Responsible for regularly reviewing and updating of staff policies and procedures with current company standards and in line with legal requirements.
- Keeping up to date with employment legislation via internet, HR-inform, People Management, attending relevant seminars and events.
- Deputising for People & Reward Manager as required
- Assisting the Payroll & Benefits Specialist with the timely and accurate processing of payroll & Benefits administration
If you're right for this role
You'll enjoy working within a solutions-driven, people-focused organisation.
You'll have a can-do attitude and work well both independently and as part of a team and be aligned with our values of Creating Simplicity, Keeping Promises and Showing Compassion.
- You will have your CIPD Level 7 Diploma in Human Resource Management (or equivalent)
- You will have extensive experience as an HR Generalist
- You will be people focussed with strong relationship building skills
- Knowledge of HRIS databases and strong MS Office skills are needed.
- Previous HR experience in a financial services environment is highly desirable.
B&CE is an equal opportunities employer. We believe everyone has the right to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect. We are committed to treating all our people (and all who apply for a role at B&CE) equally.