Head of Global Finance Systems Operations
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are partnering a globally recognised manufacturing, wholesale and distribution business to recruit a Head of Global Finance Systems Operations.
As part of the Global Systems and Transformation function within the Global Controllership department, The Global Finance Systems Operations team is responsible for ownership, maintenance and governance of the Group consolidated reporting systems (Cognos Controller and TM1 currently) and supporting the development of transformation strategy, including:
- Managing data governance & standards
- working closely with stakeholders to determine their requirements and working with the development team to prioritise and implements solutions in a collegiate and timely manner
- providing a centre of excellence, developing best practice across the Group through active use of the intranet, knowledge sharing tools, training and through running champion forums
- ongoing development and application of SOx controls over Cognos Controller and TM1 including change control, environment management and user access
- ongoing optimisation of the applications to ensure they are "fit-for-purpose" to meet business management information and reporting requirements efficiently, monitoring performance for the systems and their support;
- liaison with system suppliers and IT to ensure that the system is properly supported and robust, and that the Group's objectives are met in terms of supplier change programmes;
- implementing and supporting workflow tools benefiting the wider finance teams such as supplier payment workflow (SIMPLER), PDF approvals and capital expenditure approvals;
The role works closely with others across the business to develop plans in accordance with the Group's values of Trust, Care, Innovation, Partnership and Dedication.
The key internal stakeholders are, The Board of Directors, Senior Management Team, Global Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President, Global Controller and Chief Accounting Officer, Controllership functions, Group FP&A, division and businesses, IT support;
Key deliverables are the maintenance and operation of a high availability system, development of the Global Finance Systems Operations team, and liaison with key stakeholders to ensure that maintenance, support and change are implemented and supported in a controlled, efficient manner which meets the needs of all stakeholders in a collegiate and customer-focused manner.
- It is essential that the successful candidate has experience using Cognos, preferably TM1 or Controller - as administrator, controller or systems manager.
- You MUST be a Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) - with exposure to complex, multinational business & basic knowledge of US GAAP
This role combines the management of the GFS operations team with technical excellence across the IBM Cognos toolset. The business systems accommodate complex accounting and reporting requirements which must be understood and therefore will require the successful candidate to be qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and have at least 2 years post-qualification accounting experience in a complex organisation.
Based in Surrey this is a globally recognised manufacturing, wholesale and distribution business
Salary & Benefits
GBP80,000 to GBP100,000 + Benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.