Campaign Management Executive (Graduate position)
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 16 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. For more about our equality and diversity policy, see here. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Mumsnet is on the look-out for a graduate digital marketer for our Engagement and Optimisation team. You will work across all of Mumsnet’s marketing channels (including onsite, SEO, email and social) to set a creative and channel mix strategy, agree metrics for each channel, capture channel performance and suggest ongoing improvements.
You will manage a number of high profile integrated marketing campaigns for your clients - who are are a range of well-loved brands and disruptive tech start-ups brands. You need to be creative, analytical and interested in measurement and optimisation to make continual small improvements in user experience. You’ll need to be incredibly organised – you’re probably the sort of person who loves a spreadsheet and is interested in learning tools like Trello and Slack.
As well as being detail focusses and organised, you’ll also need to be a great communicator who is both approachable and diplomatic as you’ll be working closely with key internal and external stakeholders.
What you will do:
- Understanding client objectives and metrics - working with Client Managers and Account Managers;
- For some clients, you will also manage the client relationship directly - agreeing objectives and delivering pre and post campaign reports.
- For some channels (such as Landing Pages and paid media) deliver the channel activity personally.
- Working with channel specialists at Mumsnet to set goals and agree optimisation improvements;
- Maintaining live progress dashboards;
- Optimising across all available marketing channels.
What you must have:
- A strong interest in digital marketing and pursuing a career in it;
- A degree from a UK university, or equivalent;
- Good working knowledge of spreadsheets and slides;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Great initiative and problem solving skills;
- An ability to think creatively;
- A confident and friendly manner - particularly dealing with colleagues and clients;
- Keen attention to detail;
- An ability to effectively prioritise a varied workload and deadlines;
- Social media savvy.
It’d be nice if you had:
- An understanding of online content management systems eg Drupal or Wordpress;
- An understanding of biddable media – programmatic, PPC, adsense, Facebook boosting, etc;
- Familiar with web analytics (such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics).
We’re looking for someone to work five days a week in our offices in Kentish Town, although we are proud to be a flexible employer and would certainly consider flexible options for the right candidate.
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with the following:
- your CV
- a covering letter that (1) summarises your suitability for the role, and (2) your awareness of Mumsnet.
Your application must include all of these elements - if not, it will be rejected.
Deadline for applications is: 7th October 2017. We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!