The Maintenance Worker assists with the general maintenance of the Emmaus Brighton & Hove buildings which include domestic and communal areas, the retail outlets, residential and office lettings as well as the extensive grounds in compliance with our Emmaus ethos, mission, strategic aims, organisational objectives and policies.
- To carry out general maintenance duties across the Emmaus Brighton & Hove site and Emmaus by the sea as directed by the Premises Manager
- To work alongside up to 4 Companions during the business operating hours with conduct issues being managed by the Community Leader.
- To support the operation of Emmaus Brighton & Hove by effective maintenance of the buildings and grounds to include painting and decorating, plumbing and drainage work along with carpentry and woodworking tasks
- To support the site in the event of an emergency maintenance issue, in order to enable the safe continuance of the retail operation and communal areas
- To work with Companions in order to support their roles, development and contribution to Emmaus
- To assist with the implementation of health & safety procedures and policies to help ensure good practices
- To attend, and contribute to, regular operational briefing meetings with the Premises Manager
- Any other duties and accountabilities as required by the Premises Manager including additional duties and responsibilities to cover for holidays and absences.
A key challenge for all Emmaus Communities in the UK is to balance our charitable purpose with our social enterprise and business activities.
- To lead by example by demonstrating appropriate behaviours and values
- To assist with the programme of Emmaus Brighton & Hove Community events which include the annual Open Day, spring and Christmas Fairs and any other such community events
- To assist with out of hours emergency maintenance and repairs as and when required
Note - time in lieu will be offered in response to an emergency call out
- Emmaus works with homeless and unemployed people. Because of this, all employees are subject to Disclosure & Barring service checks.
- A requirement to learn and engage with the Emmaus ethos as presented in the Universal Manifesto and embodied in the history and experience of all involved in Emmaus, including a requirement to support solidarity.
Please see all supporting documents.