Occupational Health Nurse
Would you like to join one of the UK's leading providers of occupational health services?
Are you looking for an exciting challenge? Come and join our experienced team of multi-disciplinary practitioners.
We are seeking a qualified Occupational Health Nurse to join us in Helensburgh. We are looking for a genuine team player who can work alongside a team of experts and industry professionals. You will receive all the support you need from our senior management team as we work together to bring success to this contract and the company as a whole.
This will be a fulltime role - 37.5 hours per week
Main duties will include
- To provide professional advice, support and guidance to the client and wider multidisciplinary team. Act as a professional role model
- To assess clients presenting to Occupational Health providing sound clinical advice and treatment
- To assess client's fitness to work for the appropriate job role in line with DHC policies and guidelines and issue appropriate fitness certificates to the line manager, client and file copy
- To write letters to GP/Specialists in line with the Access to Medical Reports Act and Data Protection Act
- To respond to client/manager's requests for support/information on the working environment
- To provide clinical assessment of clients presenting with minor illness and injury
- To provide competent treatment/referral of clients under DHC guidelines and Written Instructions
- To maintain appropriate records in line with departmental protocols on record keeping
- To provide health surveillance in accordance with current legislation and In line with DHC policies and guidelines
- To ensure clinical assessment skills are maintained in line with best practice.
- To provide clinical support to the first aid provision on site
- To assist in the provision of health promotion and wellbeing on site
- To maintain valid and up to date registration with the NMC and comply with NMC guidelines in relation to professional issues and clinical supervision
Additional Salary Info: 25 days Annual Leave, auto enrolment, Health cash plan
Occupational Health Care | Health Care | NMC Part 1 | NMC
- Registration with NMC Part 1
- Sound educational background, including a good standard of numeracy and written English
- Drive and have your own transport
- Be Innovative and adaptable
- Have the ability to work effectively independently and also within a team framework
- Be IT literate
- Demonstrate a self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- Be aware of own limitations
- Understand and support a flexible approach to team working
- Have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Be happy to travel locally
- Knowledge or experience of working in OH
- Health Surveillance
- Experience in providing a treatment service/First Aid or A&E
- Experience of conducting pre-placement assessments and reviews
We are one of the UK's leading providers of occupational health services. Established in 2002 by a group of occupational health professionals, we have experienced strong, steady growth. Our clients include leading names across a wide range of sectors including aviation, construction, engineering, manufacturing, retail, utilities and the emergency services. Our team brings together many of the UK's finest practitioners and teachers in all relevant healthcare disciplines. Our services are comprehensive. We offer a full portfolio of occupational health services, combining them into bespoke programmes that suit your organisation's people and their needs. We also provide innovative medical care training courses that give personnel the skills they need to handle medical emergencies.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The information you have submitted will be held and used by us in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and all relevant subsequent legislation. This information will be held and processed for the purpose of recruitment and personnel administration, and statistical and business analysis. We will retain the information of unsuccessful applicants for no longer than is necessary taking into account current guidance