Supervising Social Worker - Barnsley
A national and well regarded fostering provider are looking for a Supervising Social Worker, to join their Barnsley based team.
With a national and regional presence, all of this 'family feel' organisation's offices have been graded 'outstanding' or 'good' by Ofsted.
Carers are located across Barnsley, Sheffield and Rotherham, hence you will live within this region.
Over view of role and responsibilities:
- To provide support and supervision to foster carers
- To work closely with any agencies and all staff to match children to families
- To assess and provide training to foster carers as per the needs assessed in a reactive and proactive manner
- To actively recruit and assess applicants offering to care for children on behalf of the Agency
- To attend and produce reports for fostering panel meetings as necessary.
- To carry out an annual review of Foster families
- To support and attend a foster carer support group as needed.
- To exercise an understanding of the customs, traditions, culture and religions when dealing with children and foster families.
- To contribute to the development of the fostering service, to meet unmet needs and the demands faced by new legislation.
- To act, if required, as a member of Foster Care panel
- Be willing to work flexibly including evening and weekend work, when required, within the duty rota system or in emergencies.
You will be a car owner / driver and be required to travel as required. Some flexible working may be needed in order to attend emergencies or to participate in the duty rota.
You will be / have:
- A qualified social worker
- DipSW or equivalent
- HCPC registration
- Two years' experience of working in fostering related social work and /or child social care such as a looked after children's team
- Experience of assessing potential foster carers would be an advantage
Salary is to GBP34,000.
For further information, a job description and a confidential chat around the role and your suitability, please contact Harriet Connolly in confidence on / /
Iris Resourcing is an unrivalled specialist resourcing partner to the looked after children's social work sector, with a targeted focus across fostering & adoption: With a focus on permanent recruitment, we work strategically to find the ideal fit, matching experience, skills and aspirations.
If the above role is not suitable, but you are looking for a move within the sector, please do make contact to discuss what you may be looking for and other available opportunities.