Payments Technology Auditor - London - Permanent
Payments Technology Auditor - London
A chance to join a leading Global Financial Institution based in the Wharf
Overall purpose of role
- Support the delivery of the Payments Technology Audit Plan.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders in and out of BIA to develop strong client relationships.
- Complete audit planning including documentation of audit scope, process understanding, risk & control identification, and testing strategies.
- Complete audit fieldwork by testing key controls and documenting your audit work.
- Support audit leads by writing high quality issues and recording management's action plans.
- Complete testing of audit issues confirmed as closed by the business.
- Through continuous monitoring, keep up to date with risks, issues and changes across relevant business units and use this knowledge to amend the audit approach where necessary.
- Provide complete, accurate and timely information to clients for BIA reporting.
- Take part in citizenship activities and contribute positively to the communities in which we operate.
- Share knowledge with BIA colleagues and peers in the business. Learn from others through feedback given to you.
- Build trusting and open relationships with clients on each audit and develop relationships with key clients in aligned business area.
- Discuss and agree the factual accuracy of audit issues with clients/Vice President/Director as appropriate.
- Build strong relationships and mutual trust with all internal BIA colleagues.
Decision-Making and Problem Solving
- Assess and conclude on the effectiveness of controls and risk mitigation, following objective analysis and review of relevant data, in audits and issue validation.
- Challenge others where appropriate, including effectively challenge audit clients in order to reach the right control outcomes.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience with minimum 1 year of auditing or risk and controls experience.
- Degree in computer science or Engineering or equivalent
- Good understanding of system architecture, databases, messaging systems
- Experience in testing automated IT controls.
- Experience in Risk based auditing.
- Team player; strong communication skills; and good attention to detail.
- Proven track record of high performance in previous role(s).
- Relevant professional qualifications (eg CPA, CIA, MIIA, ACCA, CISA) are desirable but not mandatory
- Payments process knowledge.
- Financial services and financial products knowledge
- Data Analysis, coding and SQL.