Are you our new Service Designer?
Location: Central London
Responsible to: Insight & Design Team Lead
Working Hours: Standard full time
Holiday: 25 days per annum
Future Cities Catapult is an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected.
What Will You Be Doing?
As a Service Designer you will work closely with a broad range of stakeholders to design compelling products and services, and support the delivery of our urban innovation projects that deliver against our mission to 'Advance urban innovation, to grow UK companies and make cities better'. As well as delivering on projects you will also take an active role in developing our service design practice, supporting colleagues to develop projects and outcomes through user-centred design.
- Provide service design expertise on projects and support the development of the service design offering at Future Cites Catapult (Insight and Design Team).
- Lead and manage projects from translation of insights into prototype products and services.
- Design and facilitate engaging workshops with senior stakeholders from councils, cities, governments and businesses.
- Work with colleagues from across Future Cites Catapult (Cities Lab) on the development and scoping of new projects.
- Build on our international reputation for high-quality service design and support thought leadership through conference presentations and journal articles.
- Contribute to, and enable, the development of a high-performance culture.
Skills & Experience
- Strong visual design skills with relevant qualification in service, graphic, product or interaction design disciplines.
- Track record of working within a service design role (agency or in-house).
- Comfortable building early-stage prototypes (digital prototypes, mock up's) and undertaking user testing.
- Evidence of strong workshop facilitation skills with senior audiences.
- A proven track record of producing engaging and exciting service concepts and creating expertise in journey maps, service blueprints and personas to communicate these.
- Demonstrable experience of leading product or service development projects, that resulted in the design of new services.
- Proven ability to manage your own work priorities and time to ensure client expectations are met.
- A can-do attitude to get things done, whilst balancing this with empathy for sensitive situations.
Familiarity with service design in a public-sector environment, ideally within city governments.
w/c 14 th August - CV Screening, if you're successful you will be contacted by 18 th August
w/c 21 st August - First Interviews
w/c 28 th August - Potential Second Interview
Want to Apply?
If you meet the requirements and are keen to join Future Cities Catapult, please apply with your CV, Covering Letter and a Portfolio via our application portal. Please ensure all are saved in one PDF and attached under CV.
The portfolio is compulsory, either as attachment or a website. We are interested in seeing your process, so feel free to include stages of your projects.