The LTE Group requires an experienced communications professional to join our team. You will have highly-developed communication and planning skills, able to manage multiple projects, and provide assured media management expertise across a diverse portfolio of education and skills businesses. The ideal candidate will need to have strong communications experience working with large-scale, complex businesses, either in-house or from agency side.
Who we are
LTE group is the first integrated education and skills group of its kind and the largest social enterprise in the country dedicated to learning, training and employment. With around 4,500 colleagues, more than 100,000 students and learners and a turnover of GBP180m+, the Group reflects the combined strengths and services of our four leading organisations:
- The Manchester College - further and higher education programmes from level 1 to 7
- MOL - national provider of online and blended professional training, qualifications and accreditations
- Novus - UK's largest national justice sector training and education specialist
- Total People - work-based learning, apprenticeships and training provider
As part of the 35-strong Marketing and External Relations department, the Communications team works closely with senior leaders across the LTE Group and business units, proactively developing and delivering communications strategy and plans for successful delivery and measurement of all communications activity. This role is tasked with:
- Strategic planning for the development and implementation of a communications and engagement strategy for specific areas within LTE group
- Providing communications advice and coaching to Executive and senior leaders to improve internal, external communication, driving engagement and ensuring consistency of key messages
- To provide communications planning and delivery to support business and culture change programmes and HR activities, providing measures / ROI to drive effective two-way communication and employee engagement
- Building relationships with national and local media; generating content for websites and social media, supporting delivery of crisis and strategic communications across the group and business units
- To deliver communications within an agreed budget and resources to achieve local objectives in line with the communications and engagement strategy, the organisation's strategic plan and the communications team plan
- To provide monthly and quarterly reporting to Executive and leadership teams on communications progress and success through business as usual and key projects
Applicants must have:
- Degree-level qualification, preferably in a related area with a minimum of seven years' experience
- Have solid recent experience in a busy communications team, developing clear messages through an integrated matrix of communication channels and leading on strategic projects and change programmes
- Experience in developing internal and external communications, employee engagement, project communications and change management projects
- Track record of success in change communications, group / business unit environments and managing communication of difficult messages
- Excellent stakeholder management experience and skills, with the ability to build strong, effective relationships across the organisation at all levels to successfully influence and deliver change.
LTE group is driven by a strong social mission and is committed to improving lives and economic success through learning and skills. If you share our passion and ambition, and are looking to contribute in a challenging, unique and rewarding role, we want to hear from you.
Closing date for applications is TBC
Interviews will be held at Whitworth House, Openshaw, Manchester.
Please note that although the role is currently based at Whitworth House in Openshaw, it is planned for the Marketing and External Relations team to be located at our Wythenshawe Campus in South Manchester from late 2017 / early 2018, as part of creating a central professional services group.
The LTE Group is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications / Skills / Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes. Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience and are subject to job evaluation.