SOCIAL MEDIA EXECUTIVE
SOCIAL MEDIA EXECUTIVE
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 16 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. For more about our equality and diversity policy, see here. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
We're on the hunt for a super-talented social media whizz to join our content team: someone who writes smart, stylish copy, lives and breathes social, prides themselves on getting to grips with data in order to build a successful strategy, and gets the Mumsnet voice.
This role is ideal for someone who already has experience in a social media role for a big publisher or brand, and is looking to move up the ladder.
The role is a varied and dynamic one, but your key responsibilities will include:
- creating and scheduling daily content for social platforms
- playing a key role in editorial and commercial planning meetings to feed in with ideas for social content
- overseeing the social schedule across all channels and ensuring all posts reflect the brand voice
- planning, monitoring and adapting paid and organic campaigns
- reporting weekly, monthly and on a per-campaign basis for all channels
- supporting the other members of the content team
- sourcing external social content
- keeping up-to-date on emerging social trends and tools and using your existing knowledge base to jumpstart Mumsnet’s social strategy
- using analytical skills to test and learn, and to constantly refine Mumsnet’s social strategy based on data
To do all this, you'll need
- to take genuine pleasure in crafting the perfect social post - be that a meme, Instagram Live or Facebook video
- an innate sense of written style, and impeccable grammar
- intimate and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of social media trends and the role played by influencers
- great Photoshop skills
- previous experience running paid and organic social campaigns
- previous experience using Facebook power editor and adverts manager
- previous experience creating and running Facebook adverts
- experience in creating and overseeing a successful social strategy, which you’ve refined and adapted based on learnings
- a raft of viral posts behind you, and a solid analytical understanding of what made them fly
- to be ready to take the initiative and grab responsibility
- to love Mumsnet and its extraordinary community
We’re looking for someone to work five days a week in our offices in Kentish Town.
If you think this sounds like you, please include with your application:
- Your CV and a brief covering letter, including your salary expectations.
- A critique of Mumsnet’s Facebook and Instagram pages and a mocked up advert for our Facebook page.
- A link to your most successful social post.
We'll be calling the best candidates in for interview as soon as we spot them, so don't delay!
Please note that if your application does not include the above criteria, it will not go forward for consideration.