Network Manager - Gloucestershire - Depending On Experience, Up to GBP55
Network Manager - Gloucestershire - Depending On Experience, Up to GBP55,000
Henderson Scott are currently recruiting for a natural leader to manage our clients Network Operations Centre, which at current is 6 staff in size. You will be responsible for the Network Operations Centre and will play an integral part in the expansion of the company's service offering. The current team operate at 1st/2nd line level support a number of enterprise level clients. Reporting to the Head of Service Delivery you will have primary responsibility for the NOC including the incident, event, problem and change functions. This role is exclusive to Henderson Scott and is a pioneering role within our clients exponential growth.
- A key member of the management team, provide guidance to the wider business and ensure a high quality of support is provided.
- Provision of high quality, objective and commercially astute strategic as well as operational decision support to the business.
- Lead, manage and motivate your team to deliver results cross-functionally throughout the Company, whilst driving continual year on year productivity improvements and efficiency.
- Lead by example and provide escalation support to the teams when resolving provisioning and delivery issues
- Lead the Departmental risk and compliance strategy, which includes embedding a pragmatic risk identification and management methodology.
Network Operations Centre
- Manage incident volumes effectively across a product portfolio of high value, low volume network products and services within the businesses solutions and service offering.
- Build key customer relationships and be ultimately accountable for the service provided by the people and functions you are responsible for.
- Continually implement best practice procedure within the NOC team using ITIL best practice.
- Responsible for team management and people development, including performance reviews, overall staff morale and motivation, and general staff well-being.
- Support the Leadership when negotiating supplier agreements to achieve optimal profitability and to minimize commercial risks, within the bounds of the contracts and frameworks.
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve profitability and customer experience through working with vendors, using knowledge of the business and its processes and the implementation of innovative ideas.
- Relentlessly pursue operational excellence and support the management team in continuous improvement
- Build senior relationships with key Stakeholders, Partners and Vendors
- Strive to lead and improve the overall customer experience by continuously working with the team and driving efficiency, professionalism, communication and honesty.
- Employ, motivate and retain the best people that we can find that results in the right behavior leading to great customer service.
- Empower and encourage the team to set expectations clearly with customers and stakeholders
Attributes of the successful candidate
- Effective leader with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to balance an operational, pragmatic approach to decision making, whilst ensuring appropriate risk management is taken.
- Minimum 5 years networking and or telecoms experience ideally gained from within the UK industry with at least 2 years at a management level.
- ITIL Foundation or above with a deep understanding of ITIL incident, problem and change management processes.
- Hands on Knowledge of Networking, Routing Information Protocol for High level escalation (Preferably at least CCNA level)
- Strong technical acumen with a desire to develop
- Confident in setting and/or measuring statistics and KPIs
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and Presentation skills
- Experience of having worked in a fast paced, high pressure, changing environment.
- Not afraid to get stuck in at any level when required
- Highly self-aware and self-disciplined
- Passion and energy
- Able to analyse problems, issues, needs and provide robust adaptable solutions which meet current and future requirement.
- The ability to handle objections and resistance to change.
- Ability to cope with changing environment - including adapting to meet emergency business critical events.
Apply now for immediate consideration. As a professional company, we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.