Senior Technical Accountant
Senior Technical Accountant needed for FTSE100 business in Berkshire!
GBP60,000 - GBP70,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Technical Accountant to join a leading FTSE250 listed company in the Windsor area. This role would be ideal for an individual looking to take their next career step and offers the chance to develop a pro-active and pragmatic approach to technical accounting matters. The individual will also be responsible helping deliver technical accounting advice in relation to transactions and other related projects. This role would be ideal for an individual looking for their first move out of practice.
To successfully deliver in this high-profile position, you will need to have:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA).
- A University level degree or equivalent.
- Substantial levels of IFRS exposure.
- A detailed understanding of complex commercial and accounting issues which will include deeper understanding of IFRS and IAS 39.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of group consolidations and PLC year-end reporting coupled with the resolution of complex technical accounting issues.
A little more information about the role:
- Advice to businesses on IFRS and UK GAAP accounting issues and developments including the treatment of high value or complex items such as acquisition accounting and new business contracts.
- Assist the Group Technical Accountant in managing the process for implementing new standards and policies across business units.
- Reviewing annual reports, preliminary statements and half year statements for technical compliance on behalf of the Finance Directors.
- Liaising with external auditors on technical accounting issues.
- Technical reviews of complex statutory accounts will also be essential.
- Assist in the preparation of issues logs and judgement papers for technical compliance.
If you are interested in the role, please apply below. Unfortunately, we may not be able to respond to every unsuccessful applicant.