Independent Reviewing Officer
Randstad Care are currently recruiting a temporary Independent Reviewing Officer to join a busy Children and Families Team within Children's services in Durham. The rate of pay is between GBP26.00 - GBP35.00 per hour depending on candidates relevant background and experience.
As an Independent Reviewing Officer Ideal Candidates will have:
- Passion about improving the outcomes for Children and Young People by listening to the voice of the child, young person and their families, understanding their needs and working together to agree how these needs will be met with the right help and support.
- 2+ years post qualified experience in Children and Families Teams.
- High level of insight into Child Protection Procedures, Looked After Children and Permanence Planning Arrangements.
- Social Worker Qualification.
- HCPC registered.
- Able to obtain a satisfactory enhanced DBS certificate.
If you enjoy working with Children in a Social Work role, overcoming challenges and helping children and their families reach their full potential; don't miss out on this opportunity to progress within your social work career. Working with a top Local authority in County Durham, we are looking for an experienced Independent Reviewing Officer to join the team.
- Free personal training and development
- Dedicated Randstad consultant - one point of contact
- Weekly payroll
- Competitive pay rates
- Close to shops, restaurants and main transport links
- Refer a friend scheme- GBP200 for every referral
About the role:
- To chair multi-agency looked after children reviews, Child Protection conferences, children in need meetings and complex strategy meetings as required. To provide specialist consultation and quality assurance.
- To be responsible for the decision making at conferences and reviews ensuring that there is a framework for reviewing compliance with the plans made.
- To challenge service decisions where necessary to fulfil an agreed care plan and to use statutory powers to escalate to senior management and external bodies where appropriate.
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging role and are keen to progress your social work career this could be the ideal post for you. To apply please contact Richard Sutherland in the Newcastle office at .
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.