Head of Development and Asset Management
Reporting to the Executive Director of Housing and Business Development, this new role of Head of Development & Asset Management will drive the delivery of new homes and excellent asset management services. This role will provide leadership for staff employed in the development, disposal and acquisition of assets for the Dimensions Group.
The location of this role is flexible but you will ideally be based at one of our regional offices in Sheffield, Theale or Whetstone with the potential for home working. The team you lead is dispersed across the country.
About the role
Responsible for development, disposal, acquisition, refurbishment, adaptation and pre-planned maintenance of the stock, the Head of Asset Management is critical to the success of the new Dimensions Housing Strategy. It is an ambitious strategy that seeks to optimise the impact of our asset base and support the growth of Dimensions as a provider. We aim to provide exemplar accommodation to match our exemplar support.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic leadership and effective management of the asset management service.
- Ensuring the delivery of high quality, suitable accommodation for people with learning disabilities and/or autism.
- Ensuring the optimal use of Dimensions Group assets in delivering the Group Strategy
- Deputising for the Group Director of Housing & Business Development
- Overseeing development and or acquisition of new housing
- Building relationships with partner managing agencies and liaising with them on project development
The successful applicant will have:
- Extensive experience of leading teams delivering asset management services
- Experience of developing, acquiring and delivering housing for customers with learning disabilities
- Sound leadership skills with the ability to implement change under pressure
- Knowledge and understanding of delivering effective housing services to residents with support needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Up to 35 days' annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme 'Rewarding Dimensions'
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visit
The attached job description and person specification will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn't be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees