Project Accountant - Manager
A Project Accountant role has come available at a leading company in Doncaster. This role is offered as a permanent role with fantastic exposure to senior leadership team across the organisation. This role focuses on management and reporting across multiple investment projects across the business.
A very well established business with an excellent track record in their sector. This company forms part of a much larger national group working across multiple sectors and locations.
As the Project Accountant you will focus on managing the financial management and reporting across multiple projects for the business. This will include budgeting, developing financial models for planning and forecasting, financial review of projects, assist with the formulation of strategic business plans, developing a reporting framework across projects and various other duties. Your Financial Modelling skills and experience working as Finance Lead across multiple projects is needed.
- Track project spending (Capex & Opex) against budget, ascertaining and reporting variances.
- Forecast/re-forecast total project costs, ensuring any anticipated overspends are identified and communicated to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Proactively identify areas of weakness and design, implementing appropriate controls to address them
- Quantify and monitor project benefits, providing detailed reporting of these benefits
- Interrogate and challenge the cost benefit analysis, ensuring that key assumptions are documented and supported appropriately
- Help to develop reporting in line with needs of the business
- Give training to the projects team on all aspects of finance/accounting
- Produce detailed reporting to track actual and forecast project spend versus budget
- Support the finance team with both ad-hoc and monthly activities
- Qualified Accountant (ACA,ACMA, ACCA)
- Project Finance Experience (MUST HAVE)
- Pro-active attitude with good self-motivation
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical ability
- Professional communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent team player
- Evidence of excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Proven track record of building good working relationships, internally and externally
- Experience of working independently and meeting tight deadlines
- Technical accounting skills
- The ability to achieve balance between accuracy, commercial view and timeliness