Registered Manager (Dorchester, Dorset)
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, inspiring and child focused person to be the Registered Manager at one of our Children's Homes in Dorchester.
With a career in Dorset, you can help shape our vision and make change happen that protects the most vulnerable and turns lives around.
Our ideal candidate will have a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care and Children and Young People's Services, or equivalent, and will have:-
• A good knowledge of the law in relation to looked after children including the Children's Act 1989, the Care Standards Act 2000, and the Children's Homes (England) Regulations and Quality Standards 2015
• A good understanding of child development and safeguarding
• Experience of working with children and young people who have been exposed to trauma and abuse, and an understanding of related therapeutic models
• A knowledge of health and safety legislation and regulations
• Strong leadership and management skills including the ability to effectively and confidently conduct employee relations issues such as performance management, supervision, appraisals, disciplinary and grievance procedures and manage allegations
• The ability to be creative and to use their own initiative in a variety of situations
• The ability to work as part of the management team in developing high standards of professional practice and in promoting a safe, caring environment conducive to the emotional and physical wellbeing of the looked after children and young people
• The determination to make a lasting and meaningful difference in the lives of young people.
For more information please contact Paula Bates on or Rebecca Holmes on / .
Interview Date: Friday 31st August 2017
Dorset is a great place to live, work and invest, with the Jurassic Coast a pebble's throw away, outstanding countryside, historic towns, great schools and travel connections to London and the world via Bournemouth Airport.