Hounslow Music Service (HMS)is a music education charity which teaches children to play instruments in the London Borough of Hounslow. The service works closely with schools and families running orchestras, choirs and bands for children and young people, organising an examination centre, and delivering a busy programme of concerts and festivals. The service has a loyal, hardworking, committed complement of over 70 specialist instrumental tutors to respond to growing demand.
Due to the retirement after 27 years of the current senior administrator, HMS is now looking for an Office Manager. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years' experience as a PA or similar, will be super organised, highly efficient and have excellent customer service skills. He/she will be able to work under pressure, and balance a range of priorities, delegating tasks to the part time administrators as appropriate.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To implement and maintain effective and efficient office based operational, financial and administrative systems.
To be accountable to the Chief Executive
- Oversee and contribute to the maintenance and updating of the database of customer records, including new applications
- Oversee the preparation of teacher contracts, including changes in hours
- Assist in preparation of registers
- Manage pupil withdrawals
- Support good communication with staff and clients, ensuring excellent customer care
- PA duties for the Chief Executive
- Assist in the dissemination of information to staff, parents and pupils
- To deal with communication from parents, schools and teacher by phone
- Invoice, collection and banking of monies received by cheque, bank transfer or other means
- Bookkeeping (some experience of Xero would be an advantage)
- To assist in the administration of external exams
- To assist in the administration of large scale events
- Any other duties reasonably required by the service
There may be occasional out of hours, evening and weekend requirements.
Since this role requires some contact with children, a successful DBS check will need to be completed before appointment is confirmed.
- Experience in a similar role
- Good IT skills including knowledge of Word, Excel and database/finance management systems
- High level of numeracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to work independently and take on responsibility when appropriate
- Ability to demonstrate an understand of and commitment to equal opportunities and customer care, and why it is important in employment
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar role
- 5 GCSE grades A - C, including Maths and English
- Relevant professional qualification
- Experience of using spreadsheets, word and databases
- Experience of organising and prioritising own and others workload
- Experience of dealing with customers or clients desirable
SUMMAY OF MAIN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
LOCATION The Music Centre, 64a Pears Rd, Hounslow, TW3 1SR
SALARY GBP24,000 - GBP27,000
CONTRACT Permanent, full time
PROBATION 3 months
HOURS OF WORK 09.30 - 17.30 Mon-Fri (time off in lieu for out of hours work)
HOLIDAYS 25 working days, plus public holidays
OTHER Contributory pension scheme
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a CV and covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) detailing your relevant experience and interest in the position to: Oonagh Barry, Chief Executive by email via the button below by 5.00pm on Monday 21 st August.
Start date: As soon as possible