The General Medical Council are the independent regulator for doctors in the UK, it's our job to protect, promote and maintain the health and safety of the public by ensuring proper standards in the practice of medicine.
The General Medical Council helps to protect patients and improve medical education and practice in the UK by setting standards for students and doctors. We support them in achieving (and exceeding) those standards, and take action when they are not met.
We are now seeking to recruit a Senior tester who will be accountable for testing our core CRM systems. The will also include testing the interfaces with other systems. As the senior tester you will be expected to head up and as such lead the CRM testing area. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to drive their career forward and really push themselves on a daily basis in this field.
The ideal candidate will have had experience working with large CRM systems recently in their career. However candidates who are also working on large process based systems, with user interfaces and many integration points with other systems may also be relevant for this particular position.
About the Company
At the GMC, you'll find a career in a stimulating workplace, with colleagues from diverse backgrounds, and opportunities to develop and progress - in an organisation that really makes a difference.
We highly value our staff and offer extensive employee benefits including:
- Annual holiday entitlement of 25 days per year, increasing 1 day for each year of service up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Opportunity to buy/sell annual leave
- Childcare voucher scheme enabling staff to reduce the cost of their childcare through tax savings
- Cycle to work scheme enabling staff to save on the cost of a new bike through tax savings
- Interest free season ticket loans
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a project team with specific responsibility for quality assuring product releases via a rigorous formal test process.
- Collaborating particularly with other Testers, BAs and Developers to understand upcoming system enhancements and develop appropriate test scripts.
- Identifying which test scripts, from our growing repository, are appropriate to use for each system change or release based on developing a thorough understanding of the underlying system components.
- Executing test scripts and using them to sign-off system functionality and to identify defects.
- Recording defects in a clear and unambiguous way in our Quality Centre system and working with the developers to resolve defects.
- Working with business system users to manage and support UAT.
- Upholding and continuously improving testing standards and contributing to their definition.
- Assisting non-testers, such as Project Managers, to develop testing approaches for smaller scale pieces of work, for example in a mentoring capacity.
- To apply and manage the relevant diversity and equality policy and practice relevant to the role.
- To apply the relevant management systems, procedures and policies relating to risk management, health and safety, information security and business continuity.
- Any other reasonable duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Experience of testing highly bespoke CRM systems and interfaces.
- Understanding of testing methodologies and the practices of a Tester.
- Experience testing in a Waterfall environment, using Quality Centre to manage, document and run testing.
- Experience working closely with business users to manage and support the UAT phase of delivery.
- Experience of risk based test approaches and how they can be implemented.
- Collaboration is at the heart of how the team works. You will have behaviours that support this.
- Proven ability to present complex information to different audiences.
- Coaching and mentoring members of the team.
This is an excellent opportunity to shape and improve the systems of a professional IS team that has pride and purpose.
In return, you'll benefit from being part of an organisation that is genuinely committed to its people. We offer an attractive salary and benefits package.
The GMC values diversity and has made a public commitment to processes and procedures that are fair, objective, transparent and free from discrimination.
The GMC is a charity registered in England and Wales () and Scotland (SC037750)
All 3rd party CVs will be forwarded to Robert Walters
For more information about the Senior Tester role please contact Jack Donohue on (see below)