Procurement Consultant/Senior Category Buyer
Procurement Consultant/Senior Category Buyer required to be responsible for strategic and tactical sourcing across various indirect corporate categories for a leading consulting firm.
Under the direction of the Head of Procurement, this role will be responsible for the following key components to support the Global Procurement Strategy:
* Being the recognised expert for his or her assigned portion of the global category, supports development and execution of global category strategies.
* Responsible for the full end to end sourcing process including market analysis, execution of tenders, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities on significant spend areas within their category.
* Working collaboratively and confidently with internal and external stakeholders ensuring value for money at all time.
* Support the delivery of robust commercial and contractual terms to support the control of expenditure.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading consulting, technology and innovation firm. Independent and employee-owned with over 2,500 people working with business and governments worldwide. Specific expertise in energy, financial services, life sciences and healthcare, manufacturing, government and public services, defence and security, telecommunications, transport and logistics.
The procurement category buyer is required to work closely with a variety of teams and will be the link between the supply of goods/services and the business to ensure the highest quality of services and compliance is met.
Responsibilities will include:
* Identifying, selecting strategic supply partnerships, supplier management, commercial and contractual negotiations.
* Leading all aspects of the procurement cycle in partnership with the business.
* Delivering cost savings against the agreed sourcing strategies and reporting both bottom line and cost avoidance savings to finance.
* Performance managing strategic suppliers by developing service level agreements and key performance indicators.
* Promoting best practice contract management.
* Retaining all relevant documentation and commercial documents.
The ideal candidate will have;
* Minimum of 5 years purchasing experience.
* Experience of delivering significant cost reduction through use of appropriate sourcing, contract management and supplier management tools and techniques.
* Experience of sourcing and contract managing categories such as HR, Marketing, Audit, Learning and development, FM, and IT.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Experience of using Oracle Purchase to Pay (P2P) system.
* Ability to problem solve.
* The gravitas to communicate and influence at all levels of an organisation.
* CIPS (chartered institute of purchasing and supply) qualified or working towards.
* Commercially astute.