Contract Manager - Estates
My NHS Client based in London are looking for a Strategic Contract Manager (8A) to work with their dynamic engineering team. The ideal candidate should have experience of working on estate management contracts, as well as technical knowledge relating to mechanical and electrical building services. My clients focus is on providing a high-quality hospital environment and hospital experience for patients, through setting new and improved standards in the physical and built environment.
The post holder will be responsible for delivery of estate management contracts for the Trust including all Community sites, whilst seeking and securing business opportunities for Community Estates to maximise income generation.
The post-holder should have the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders internally and externally.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Ensure that business opportunities are recognised and developed within and external to the Trust in line with estate priorities, with a particular focus on community estates.
* Lead on the management and implementation of systems, control processes and risk management arrangements
* Developing best practice for FM services on all sites, including Trust-managed community sites to drive service and quality improvements across the contract.
* Plan labour, schedule tasks and ensure the effective completion of maintenance work on Trust-managed community sites; either through Trust-employed staff or sub- contractors.
* Ensure that risk assessments, COSHH records and safe methods of work records are held on the relevant community sites for all working practices.
* Manage the relevant contract teams including project managers, contractors, suppliers and various interim posts as required.
* Develop and maintain a resource utilisation plan.
* Responsible for budget setting for the contracts function. This includes multiple budgets for each community site.
Essential Qualifications or Experience:
* Professionally qualified at 1st Degree level plus Masters level in an engineering or appropriate technical subject.
* Corporate/full membership of one of the following institution: I Mech E, IEE, CIBSE, IHEEM
* Qualified to chartered status plus significant proven relevant specialist experience at a chartered senior engineer level.
* Post graduate management qualification e.g. MBA or equivalent
* Extensive current knowledge and experience of implementing Health & Safety legislation related to engineering operations and projects in a significantly large organisation
* Highly developed leadership and influencing skills with the ability to enthuse, motivate and involve individual and teams to achieve departmental targets.
* Valid formal Health & Safety qualification e.g. IOSH
* Knowledge of technical memorandums, building notes and other NHS guidance
* Ability to demonstrate a keen understanding of the issues relating to both the Trust and the NHS and how these influence Facilities as a service provider.
If you meet the criteria above, please send your CV
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.