Our innovative and forward-thinking software client is looking for a motivated technical author to join their small documentation team. You'll create a range of online help and blended training product information for their suite of big data analytics and monitoring software tools.
As part of this role, you will:
- Create, deploy and manage online help content including user guides, quick start guides, how to guides, release notes, technical reference guides, and FAQs.
- Plan, create and manage blended training content in a Moodle training framework.
- Maintain and develop virtual learning environments.
- Help with the delivery of wide-ranging information architecture changes. You'll help implement new information architecture changes, and will contribute to the further development and refinement of the user experience in the documentation.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Experience of creating documentation for complex and technical software products.
- Demonstrable experience as a practitioner of tech communications best practice and processes (eg topic-based authoring, single-sourcing, content recycling, automation, minimalistic help, writing and communications models).
- Experience of authoring processes and standards, ideally within an agile software development environment.
- Experience of information design for software training products.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Experience with one or more of the following would be desirable: MadPak Suite (for project creation, planning, mechanisation and deployment); Scripting; SQL query language; or programming experience.
The role is based onsite at our client's City of London office within a 10 minute walk of a mainline train station.