Programme Leader: L2 Diploma in Art & Design - Colchester Institute
JOB TITLE: Programme Leader Level 2 Diploma in Art & Design (Art and Design & Photography Pathways)
REGULATED ACTIVITY: Yes
RESPONSIBLE TO: Area Heads for Colchester/Braintree Arts
LINE MANAGEMENT OF OTHER STAFF: No
GRADE: Lecturer Band 2 Scale, points 30-37
To provide clear and dynamic leadership and direction to the Level 2 Diploma in Art & Design. To ensure the smooth running organisation and operation of all elements of the learners programme of study.
- To plan and deliver structured and effective teaching on the Level 2 Diploma in Art and Design (Art and Design & Photography Pathways).
- To organise and ensure the effective delivery of all aspects of learners programme of study.
- To ensure that all learners are set aspirational targets for all elements of their programme of study (including English and Maths); to ensure that learner progress is effectively monitored through regular tutorial support and feedback.
- To encourage the best possible Art and Design teaching and learning, sharing of best practice; leading by example where appropriate.
- To convene regular meetings with the Level 2 teaching teams in order to review and plan improvements to teaching and learning.
- To give timely and effective assessment feedback and organise robust internal verification of assessment processes on the Level 2 Diploma in Art & Design (Art and Design & Photography Pathways).
- To ensure students are prepared for progression though appropriate advice and portfolio preparation.
- To assist with recruitment of FE Art and Design students, interviewing applicants and participating in taster events.
- To facilitate and organise educational visits and enrichment activities.
- To maintain best practice with Health and Safety, and Codes of Practice relating to the use of equipment; to advise the Area Head of Health and Safety issues.
- Work to promote and apply the College's Safeguarding, Child Protection and PREVENT policy and practices.
- To attend Faculty meetings, and other meetings as required by the Area Head and/or Faculty Director to ensure that the course has full representation.
- To liaise and work with other academic and support staff within the centre, and cross college departments.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.