FX/FXO Technical Business Analyst (Permanent Role)
Summary of the Key Purposes of the Role
* A hands-on business analyst/project manager possessing strong experience in Fixed Income and capital markets business.
* Main responsibility is to be a Point of Contact in London for one or more business line with respect to development requested for the FX/FXO trading platform.
* Position also assumes responsibility as one of the main X-One business analyst in London on all strategic projects for the FX/FXO business.
* Individual should have a proven track record working with trading, sales and business support clients to perform business functions analysis, document requirement and coordinate with technical staff to deliver technology solutions.
* The individual also needs to manage business client expectations within a time-to-market and dynamic environment.
Summary of Responsibilities
* Study and analyze business functions, process requirements, pricing and risk analysis in the FX/FXO domain.
* Drive toward tech/non-tech solutions, assess either tactical or strategic approaches, and assess/provide costs and timeframe of solution.
* Coordinating solution workshops, document requirements with sponsors and acquire signoffs.
* Bridging precise and detailed business requirements with developers and ensure accuracy of technical specifications covering the requirement.
* Coordinate with users to produce comprehensive test plan and develop user signoff criteria. Hands-on involvement in analysis and documentation of testing results and review with end-users.
* Building good business relationship with end-users and working proactively to propose new functionality/changes
* Assisting users on production activities and providing second level support to assist the FX/FXO help desk
* Managing and participating in projects on the FX/FXO perimeter (could be local or globally managed projects)
* Setting up a local FX/FXO expertise and building a Knowledge Management task force
* Ability to work with global front to back teams (including Front Office users (sales/trading), COOs, TSU, Back Office, P&L, Risk and Compliance teams, development, support and QA)
* Proven expertise as business analyst in trade processing and position keeping within Capital Markets domain (accent on FX/FXO but IRD,CRD,EQD would be acceptable as well).
* Confident familiarity with security valuation, product PnL and Risk.
* Advanced skills in interfacing with business clients (Front Office, Middle Office) to comprehend and document business requirements and their priority as well as develop technical or user process solutions.
* Advanced skills in interfacing with teams of developers, and familiarity with AGILE development methodology
* Excellent communication and written skills.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects.
* Some knowledge of Object-oriented programming (C#) and PL/SQL (Oracle & Sybase) would be helpful
* Team worker
* Ability to take decisions, work under pressure, and being independent
* Self motivated to learn and ask questions to produce the best technological solutions
* Builds good client relationships and takes ownerships of issues
* 3 Excel, Word, Microsoft Powerpoint
* Project management tools
* IT business analysis and project management experience in Capital Market trading and/or settlement systems.
* Experience directly interfacing with business clients (Front Office, Middle Office and Back Office) to comprehend and develop technical or user process solutions.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.