Head of Recruitment Business Development
2 days left
- Full Time
Head of Recruitment Business Development
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 17 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. For more about our equality and diversity policy, see here. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club a football and netball team, and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day (unless you want to be away).
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Mumsnet wants to be the first choice for parents seeking family friendly work and a market leading talent solution for family friendly employers.
This role is responsible for Jobs recruitment ads revenue, client service and the Jobs sales team. The role also sells the Family Friendly accreditation and supports innovation in the Jobs platform and Family Friendly through feeding back ideas and input from experience, client and competitor insights.
This is a player manager role combing sales, sales management and strategic ideas. The role reports to the Head of Jobs and Family Friendly.
What you will do
- Work with focus to deliver the agreed revenue budget;
- Design and document a winning sales plan – including target metrics, team design and a prospect list of family friendly employers and relevant recruitment agencies to target;
- Personally sell and service clients – working within the ‘player manager’ approach;
- Manage key client relationships for repeat bookings and retention;
- Hire, manage, develop and retain talented team members. Managing performance issues if they arise;
- Set up a metrics dashboard to monitor personal and team performance indicators – using it to diagnose things which are working (to be celebrated) and things which need attention (to be improved);
- Support the optimisation of job ad performance through advising clients on role descriptions and suggesting traffic boosting tactics;
- Based on what you’re hearing in the market and based on your experience, propose continual improvements in our user and client offering and way of working.
What you must have
- An understanding and interest in the world of work and specifically recruitment;
- Track record of developing amazing plans, measuring progress and delivering on existing and new initiatives;
- Sales and sales management experience gained in digital recruitment solution sales experience - likely to be recruitment advertising;
- Client facing skills - understanding needs, developing trusted relationships and delivering to client goals;
- Ability to manage and inspire a team;
- Teamwork - an ability to get on well with a range of other teams and other Mumsnetters;
It’d be nice if you had
- Either experience of being a working parent and of returning to work after a break, or you are well-versed in the issues surrounding working parents and career breaks;
- Creative writing skills to help author job ads, email and web page copy;
- Experience of working within both a start-up and a larger company environment;
- An interest in analysing data sets in a digital media environment (web, mobile or social);
- An interest in digital product development.
This role is envisaged as a full-time, 5-day week position based in our offices in Kentish Town, but we are happy to consider flexible options for the right candidate
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
Deadline for applications is: 22nd September 2017
We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!
Apply for Head of Recruitment Business Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly