Robert Half Finance & Accountancy are pleased to be supporting our client, a successful business based in Watford on the recruitment of an exciting Financial Accountant position. The Financial Accountant forms part of the Accounting & Finance Operations team maintaining and delivering the monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting process including support for the annual budget and quarterly forecasts. The role is also responsible for assisting in applying tax rules to the UK & Ireland companies, completing tax statements, reports, preparing work papers and tax returns supporting UK & Ireland activities
The Financial Accountant is responsible for:
- Month end - Review and authorising invoices, ad hoc invoices and credit notes prepared by Finance Assistant colleague.
- Month end - reconciling corporate bank account and prepare schedules with reconciliations to support all balance sheet and profit and loss account balances.
- Month end - Provide TB's
- Month end - Prepare schedules supporting all balances including journals; reconcile bank and inter company; ensure corporation tax is completed and lodged on time.
- Month end - Head Office debtor days reporting.
- Quarter end
- Year end - Production of Statutory Accounts
- Run monthly closing processes in accounting system.
- Month end - Fixed Asset Register updated. Prepare budget estimates and analyse variations of actual to budget
- Quarterly UK VAT Group return preparation and lodgement. Two monthly Ireland VAT Group returns for both platforms - preparation and lodgement. Reverse charge calculations for both UK and Ireland.
This role will to be the support and back up for:
- Corporation Tax: Production of Tax Return computation & submission of UK & Ireland entities.
- Group tax reporting
We ae looking for a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
Our client are a successful business based in Watford
Salary & Benefits
A highly competitive base salary of GBP50,000 to GBP60,000 with 10% bonus and package
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.