Business Development Manager (30281)
Business Development Manager, Mass Transport and Mobility
Head of Mass Transport and Mobility
London (Elephant & Castle)
UK Power Networks Services
GBP49,373 - GBP64,892 (depending on experience)
2nd October 2017
We also provide the following additional benefits
- Annual leave 25 days
- Personal Pension Plan - Personal contribution rates of 3%, 4% or 5% (UK Power Networks will make a corresponding contribution of 6%, 8% or 10%)
- Sick leave goes up with length of service.
- Tax efficient benefits: cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Occupational Health support
- Switched On - scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailers products.
- Supplier discounts, such as O2, EE, Vauxhall cars, Universal tyres
- Discounted access to sports and social clubs
- Employee Assistance Programme.
UK Power Networks Services is the non-regulated part of UK Power Networks.
UKPNS develops, delivers and manages safe, sustainable and profitable high voltage electrical and multi-utility networks for owners of major infrastructure. UKPNS work with a range of high profile clients such as Heathrow Airport Limited, Stansted Airport Limited, GIP (London Gatwick Airport), High Speed 1, Network Rail, London Underground, Ministry of Defence, Docklands Light Railway, and Canary Wharf.
We have an exciting opportunity for a target driven individual to join this fast growing business area. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for seeking and developing growth opportunities for the Mass Transport segment (including but not limited to Airports, Rail, Ports, Bus and Tram Links).
Your purpose will be to develop and promote multiple energy solutions to new and existing clients to optimise, integrate, and aggregate their existing and new Distributed Energy Resources (DERs). Our solutions include all aspects of electrical infrastructure with a strong focus on new and emerging technologies including Battery Storage, Microgrids, Electric Vehicle infrastructure, Virtual Power Plants (VPP), Demand Side Management, plus Distributed Generation including renewables, operation and maintenance, capital projects and asset financing.
Our clients will seek benefit from lower costs, increase revenue streams, immunisation of supply, improved resilience and become more energy independent with a decreasing carbon profile.
As Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of key account management including developing the Segment analysis, creating the sales pipeline and leading client engagement from presales, bidding, through to successful close and delivery.
- Responsible for leading and acquiring sales growth through existing and new clients in accordance with UKPN Services growth strategy for the Mass Transport Segment.
- Actively pursue approved opportunities from prospect to close, manage both external and internal activities necessary to implement opportunity.
- Lead in the development of a comprehensive segment analysis and implement the action plan to focus on target markets and sales channels to develop and deliver growth.
- Work with the marketing team to develop and adapt sales collateral for smart technologies to explain UK Power Networks Services' value position.
- Develop business models and systems, which allow Senior Management to recognise cost / benefit and manage project risks.
- Accountable for client solutions and delivery plans in an early stage and maintain client relationship through to completion.
- Lead governance process, negotiations and close of sales.
- Develop partnerships with strategic market players and customer relevant smart technology businesses.
- Interact internally to provide market pricing input and terms and conditions clarification during the proposal development.
- Conduct detailed won/loss analysis for all prospects to improve competitive knowledge base, and routinely publish the data to the Head of Mass Transport and Mobility
- Develop and maintain a detailed sales pipeline for all channels to market.
- Conduct and document ongoing market analysis to ensure that the Mass Transport and Mobility team's focus and strategy are in the right area, and that appropriate resources exist to be successful in target markets.
- Attend and support the Mass Transport and Mobility team's successful participation in relevant conferences and trade shows.
- Lead the marketing and advertising of UKPN Services solutions across the Mass Transport Segment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in electrical, electronic, general engineering or similar.
- Demonstrable experience in the Mass Transport Segment.
- Extensive business development experience in the electricity sector. Demonstrating sales and project delivery experience in a Business-to-Business environment.
- Practical understanding of the new and emerging energy technology market and the relevant market players.
- Experience and expertise in developing technical and commercial proposals to drive informed business development.
- Ability to undertake pre-sales activity including development of high-level business case / cost benefit analysis for new opportunities.
- Ability to work across divisions and with sales, solution architects and operational staff to deliver complete solutions, products and services.
- Strong sales channel management experience.
- Proven record of accomplishment in both physical infrastructure and consulting sales.
- Experience in feasibility studies and business case development.
- Experience in project lifecycles and strong stakeholder engagement skills.
- Demonstrable experience presenting in open forums.
- Ability and willingness to travel from 30% to 50% of time.
- MBA or equivalent.
- Chartered professional or working towards Chartership.
- Acquired capabilities and experience from working in aligned segments.
- Strong motivation to innovation.
- Project Management qualification.
- Leadership and ability to manage workload.
- Self-directed in their personal development.
- Goal orientated.
- Ability to make correct business decisions irrespective of personal impact and delivery negative messages when required.
- Influence and persuasion.
- Information seeking.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written; and IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Planning, organisation and time management.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Team working.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Managers and supervisors carry both legal and company responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, those under their control and those who might be affected by the work undertaken, i.e. public, visitors and employees of other organisations. This includes briefing individuals working for them and ensuring there is the necessary understanding, competence and application of requirements to work safely and without harming the environment.
Employees are responsible for ensuring they fully understand the health and safety risks involved in their work activities and their responsibility to apply the controls needed to manage those risks to acceptable levels. Similarly where work activities can have an adverse impact upon the environment, and particularly where there are legal requirements, employees are responsible for understanding those impacts and the controls they must ensure are applied.
If in doubt ask!