Assistant Financial Controller
The Permanent Division of Robert Half Finance and Accounting is currently recruiting for a newly created Assistant Financial Controller position on behalf of a Global Retail/FMCG business with offices close to Milton Keynes
As Assistant Financial Controller you will take responsibility for managing the International Accounting Team ensuring the US GAAP close, working capital and statutory filing for the International Zone is completed. You will also look after treasury, foreign exchange risk, intercompany reporting and cash flow reporting. Day to day duties will consist of:
- Oversee tax returns and all tax submissions for the International entities
- Develop and manage a foreign exchange hedging policy
- Assist with Transfer Pricing amongst group entities
- Set up new companies/branches globally as and when required and ensure all legal, statutory and tax requirements are met
- Manage Statutory and Regulatory Group Financial Statements completing this reporting to high levels of accuracy and maintaining adherence to the Financial Control Framework
- Oversee the annual audit process for the Group
- Drive financial and operational internal controls and process simplification
- Development of accounting systems and policies
- Define, analyse and interpret group Financial Management information in order to provide insightful analysis to senior management.
- Responsible for updating and improvement of the group accounting policies and accounting guidance and process.
- Expert on technical accounting issues - to provide guidance on accounting queries including revenue recognition and to prepare accounting position papers for the audit team.
- Assist with the co-ordination of the year end and interim group audits. Lead contact for the group audit team
- Partner finance and non-finance stakeholders delivering accurate financial reporting and analysis.
You will be a Qualified Accounting with a high level of technical and compliance experience who is looking for a role within a changing and developing organisation - this is an excellent newly created role where you can carve it out against your skills and be recognised within the business with senior stakeholders. You will ideally have international experience and also have exposure to managing a small team.
The business is a specialist and leader in its field that not only aims to make a difference in the markets that it serves but also to make a difference with it's employees and therefore offers excellent career growth and opportunity
Salary and Benefits
Role of Assistant Financial Controller near Milton Keynes is paying GBP60-65K + Car + Benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.