Skilled Grounds Person
The key function of this role will be to undertake all grounds related activities in order to meet the needs of Colchester United Football Club to ensure that the facilities across 3 sites in Colchester, Tiptree and Maldon are maintained to an excellent standard and are available for use during the required times. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress and become the Head Groundsman across the 3 sites.
- Inspection of all goal posts and pitches.
- Marking out all pitches.
- Setting up all pitches, goals and pitch areas ready for matches.
- Planning the maintenance and renovation of the pitches.
- Post training session repair and maintenance of pitch surface and surrounding areas.
- Co-ordinating and undertaking all grass-cutting and maintenance of surrounding areas.
- Liaising with First Team and Academy Staff to determine pitch requirements.
- Maintaining irrigation and drainage systems.
- Painting and maintaining posts and equipment.
- Keeping the area free of litter.
- Maintain the register of all grounds equipment.
- Scheduling maintenance and testing of all grounds maintenance equipment.
- Taking responsibility for all departmental health & safety matters.
- Flexibility within role and must be available to work scheduled hours, including weekends and evening.
- Must be able to work to deadlines and under own initiative.
- Able to work under pressure whilst maintaining professionalism.
- Must hold a valid UK driving licence.
40 hours per week
GBP22K- GBP25K depending on experience