Staff Nurse - Pre-assessment - Plymouth
We have an exciting opportunity for a registered nurse to join our dedicated team at our Treatment Centre in Plymouth.
Recently achieving an "outstanding" rating from the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the treatment centre is the first independent sector treatment centre to achieve this and are in the top three per cent of hospitals in the country to receive this rating. Our NHS Treatment Centre offers high quality elective surgery for the local populations of Devon and Cornwall, specialising in hip and knee joint replacements, shoulder repair, hand and elbow surgery, foot surgery and minor orthopaedic procedures. We also deliver Ophthalmology, General and ENT surgery. Not only are our facilities state-of-the-art, with us, you will be able to focus on what really matters; delivering a high standard of patient care. You will also be able to benefit from our fully supported training programmes, on site caf?? and free parking.
This is an exciting time for us and it could be for you too. Our vision is to transform healthcare in the UK and deliver health as it should be. Our approach is unique ??- we're bringing together assessment, treatment and prevention services to provide truly integrated care.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Outpatient Manager, you will function as a clinical practitioner within the outpatient and pre-assessment service and will take responsibility for the delivery of patient care.
Key duties to include:
* Undertaking physical examination and history taking in order to assess suitability for elective procedure and to identify risk factors
* Carrying out appropriate clinical investigations according to agreed protocols to aid thorough assessment of the patient prior to admission e.g. bloods, ECG, MRSA swabbing, MSU
* Performing a thorough nursing assessment of patients including active planning of patient discharge by liaising with relevant members of the multi-disciplinary team
* Collaborating with the medical staff to ensure that patients are medically cleared for surgery thereby reducing the number of patient cancellations.
About the Individual:
MUST BE A QUAILIFIED NURSE TO APPLY PLEASE DO NOT APLLY IF YOUR NOT AN RGN WITH A VALID NMC PIN
- Continuing professional and career development
- Generous holiday and leave arrangements
- Flexible pension options
- Life assurance and healthcare schemes
- Health assessments (after a qualifying period)
- Employee assistance programme for professional advice and counselling - legal, financial, etc.
- Employee discounts on a wide range of products or services
- Free Parking
TFS Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
TFS Healthcare will make reasonable adjustments and provide support for anyone who needs it either to apply or to succeed in the role. We will also support people to access our clients' organisations with sensitivity, respect and care.