Deputy Online Editor
About us: The University Paper is a leading force within the student market, bringing the latest news and entertainment from and to the UK's 2.5million students.
We're dedicated to sparking conversation on campus, whether that be through ground-breaking news stories on our site or via our Facebook and Twitter pages.
The role: The assistant online editor will be responsible for delivering incredible content and pushing them across our social media.
The assistant online editor will be in charge of a small team at our central London offices plus a much larger pool of student writers. They will help develop and bring the best out of both.
Finally, the assistant online editor will work closely with the editor-in-chief to help source new grounds for expansion, in what is a very exciting time for a relatively young company.
- To manage the day-to-day running of the news desk
- To make sure every published story has no spelling, grammatical or legal errors
- To help editor draw up a news calendar
- To manage Facebook and Twitter accounts
- To work closely with the editor to help cement the brand in the student market
- To help student reporters develop stories
- A degree in English, journalism or a related field
- NCTJ qualified
- At least two years in journalism
- A proven track record of generating viral stories
- Experience in managing a team
- Experience in SEO
- An understanding of the youth market
- Experience in using social (not your own)
- Experience in developing a website is preferable