Social Worker - Older People Review Team Colchester
Social Worker - Older People Review Team - North Quadrant
Colchester and Tendering
Salary from GBP30,000 - GBP35,000 per annum
Permanent, Full Time Contract
If shortlisted, interviews have been provisionally booked for 26th September 2017
This is your opportunity to be the Social Worker that you want to be. By following the Care Act and promoting Good Lives you can make a difference in changing the life for our vulnerable adults. It's about having the time to really get to know your service users and understand the issues they face, and the autonomy to deliver creatively tailored solutions. By assessing the individual's needs, you can discuss options to ensure the adult feels valued. Adult Operations believe in their value statement "Helping People to Help Themselves by Making Personalising Real."
We require enthusiastic social workers and Occupational Therapists committed to undertaking person centred work with individuals focussing on their strengths, interests and assets in accordance with the Care Act. Our team is supporting Older Adults in the Colchester and Tendring areas who have existing funded support by undertaking planned reviews. You will be passionate about developing a clear and comprehensive understanding of what is most important to each person to ensure they lead a valued and good life. This understanding will mean the conversations had with adults and the Care Act Reviews will enable you to provide a clear picture of how a person's independence can be promoted and maximised focusing on achieve positive outcomes to enhance their wellbeing, looking at prevention and independence in line with the Care Act 2014 by reviewing and revising the care and support plans where appropriate.
You will be provided with supervision, training and be encouraged to take advantage of creative peer support opportunities. You will be encouraged and supported to work independently and therefore use your initiative and form grounded opinions and judgements within an experienced and dynamic team. Ideally you will have experience of working in adult social care within a statutory setting.
Essex County has an award winning training academy to support with your continued learning to allow you to further your career whether that be in a more senior role or remain front line with additional learning opportunities to become a Practice Educator, Approved Mental Health Professional Specialist (AMPH) or Best Interest Assessor.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Diploma / Degree in Social Work
- HCPC registered
- Experience in working in line with the Care Act is preferable
- Up to date knowledge of legislation essential
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage your own time
- Ability to engage and influence with multiple agencies
- Passionate and driven to support your own continuing personal development (CPD)
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.)
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees, including:
- A local government pension scheme (LGPS), a career average scheme with employee and employer contributions
- Annual leave entitlement of up to 29 days per year (depending upon grade and length of service)
- Purchase of additional annual leave (up to agreed limits)
- Flexible working arrangements (for most roles but depending upon service requirements)
- Discounted shopping through a dedicated Reward Portal (including discounts at major supermarkets)
- Training and development and payment of professional fees (approved professions only)
- Relocation package (up to GBP8,000) where agreed
- Employee assistance programme provided in-house (wellbeing and counselling provision)
- Childcare vouchers, through salary sacrifice
Please note ECC regularly reviews its reward and benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on *.
*Calls to this number will cost 7 pence per minute plus your telephone company's access charge