Hourly Paid Technician in Trowel Occupations - Colchester Institute
2 days left
- Part Time
Job Title: Hourly Paid Technician in Trowel Occupations
Hourly Rate: GBP10.60
Hours of Work 0-20
Reports to: Area Head of Trowel Occupations
- To assist in the promotion and marketing of programmes within your team and area of study.
- To oversee / carry out live practical projects both within the college or other establishments maintaining a high quality of work in accordance to statutory requirements.
- To, at all times, maintain high expectations of learner's work, commitment, and behaviour, taking action to ensure the highest of standards are met.
- To maintain workshop, equipment and tools to the highest standards ensuring statutory requirements are met.
- To carry out and oversee practical community or college projects ensuring high standards of work are maintained at all times.
- To competently and professionally liaise with customers and employers.
- To maintain an effective and timely stock control system of materials and consumables including the ordering of tools and equipment.
- To prepare materials and equipment as needed by teaching staff and students in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
- To contribute to the work of programme teams, committees and boards as appropriate.
- To ensure that workshops are maintained in a safe operational condition, that all teaching and learning related materials are prepared in a timely manner and appropriate stock levels are maintained, working collaboratively with both teaching and support staff to meet the learning needs of students.
- To work to promote and apply the College's Equality and Diversity policy and practices.
- Work to promote and apply the College's Safeguarding and Child Protection policy and practices.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of the Colchester Institute.